Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know "Dana" vs "Commander"

DryHeatOnly
    Originally posted by $olution$
    Thanks for your input. This forum has been very enlightening. As for other boats... I love the Hallett and the Howard in this size range, but having a hard time justifying the price... compared to the Dana. Also, the Dana is built only 15 minutes from my home. I like the convenience and I agree Tom and Bob seem to be great guys with a good story. Do you have any other suggestions based on my criteria posted?
    The Dana 23 is a very nice boat.
    Since you'll be on the big lakes you may wanna take a look at the Shockwave 25 Tremor. The boat is awesome and the customer service is 1st rate. (Yes, I'm biased and also a very satisfied customer). They're in Corona. It's worth a visit (and test ride).
    This model has really taken off in sales since they redid it in 2002.
    DHO

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    oooooh boy let me get the popcorn

beer hunter
    Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
    Since you'll be on the big lakes you may wanna take a look at the Shockwave 25 Tremor. The boat is awesome and the customer service is 1st rate. (Yes, I'm biased and also a very satisfied customer). They're in Corona. It's worth a visit (and test ride).
    This model has really taken off in sales since they redid it in 2002.
    DHO
    I'll second that

FOURQ
    the Dana 23 was modled after the rare southwind 22 it was redesigned a few years ago to give it more freeboard and it ended up with a lot more room. it is a verry well built boat .. the guy that builds and designed it has been in the industry for many many years and will stand behind his product....just my .02
    4Q

PlaneNutz
    I'll back up the Shockwave 25' Tremor. Great for lakes, river and heavy chop!

RUCAV
    Out of the two, DANA, no question. That many people who hate Commander cant be wrong. Id have to go with JBTrailerJim on checking out Ultra. Good boat at a good price. They have locations in Norco, El Cajon and Huntington Beach. Just check out the Ultra website. Its not going to hurt to check them out.

ChumpChange
    As the first actual Dana owner to enter this thread, I must say that the Dana handles great. I have the bigger 27 but the quality that is put into the hull is superior. I went to the glass shop every-other-day to watch the process of the hull and I was at the Dana shop three times a week when the boat was being rigged. Dana is a fantastic boat. The power in the boat as well as the hull design gives Dana a great package.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123