Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ming Rollcall

Dave Sammons
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...40_std-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...91_002-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...7f59-1-med.jpg
    Who all's going to Bakersfield this weekend? I'll be there driving Tom Farner's "Flat Bitchen" with my brother Rolf driving "License to Thrill" and the NJBA is going to let me go out and make a couple hot laps in Ken Bewick's "Miss California" Nostalgia 5 Litre Hydro. Should be fun!

Sangster
    We won't be making it.. But that looks Bad ass... Hope there's plenty of pics & video taken... Good Luck this weekend Dave & Rolf...

Fired Up
    The family and I will be there to watch dave. Hope to have the boat out for next month.......should be a great weekend!

ColeTR1
    I will Be there! Saturday only

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I'll be there. I'm bringin my posse in case the 13 year old kid wants to light me up again. .... Sat. only.

Spotondl
    Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I'll be there. I'm bringin my posse in case the 13 year old kid wants to light me up again. .... Sat. only.
    Is he still 13 or is he now 14, meaner and tougher? Do we need security? LOL

hboldno7
    So, How did "Flat Bitchen" run ?

Dave Sammons
    Originally posted by hboldno7
    So, How did "Flat Bitchen" run ?
    We battled injector problems all weekend. The boat would stumble at the hit of the throttle and wouldn't clean out till well past the Tree. Even still, it ran a little over a hundred in the lights. Tom's going to take the whole rig up to Gorr to get it leaked and tuned. There's no question the thing should run in the 9's at 110 to 115. We'll take her back there before the year's out. My brother's boat(with a little tuneup and a prop we borrowed from Mr. Scarlotta and the Bling Bling crew) ran a best of 10.33 at 105.40. Not bad for a 28 yearold boat with a single carb! I also got a chance to drive that vintage hydroplane a couple times a day. They let me go out and hotlap for about 10 minutes each time. That was a great fun! But in the end, the thing I had the most fun doing was seeing some good friends, and to have both my brothers and sister, along with close friends and family at Lake Ming and just enjoy this sport we all love so much. If I get any good digital pictures, I'll throw'em up!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Strong showing for the Sammons brothers at Ming! Just needed Eric driving too!!
    Dave and Rolf posted the slowest elasped times in drag race in history!Lol.
    Dave, what did your time slips say on that famous race?? I can allways review the $250,000 dollar video and check the time code!!
    Did Rolf pop for the prop???
    Good seein you guys as usual! We need to get together for a BBQ sometime.

ColeTR1
    Lisa, Eric & me had a great time! Good seeing everyone it's nice there. Great place to watch boats race and just hang with friends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast