Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Big River Update

HBjet
    Originally posted by Roman 1
    Not hiding, I was at the NJBA Drags.
    I too have been beat by BGMAN by about the same distance as you.
    That's right, they were this last weekend. Next year it will probably be planned on a different weekend then the races. It would be cool to see some more v-drives down there because this was a "Freeboard Challenged" event, not V-drive verse Jet. The cove up river is great because everyone can get there boat in there, there isnt' any current, and everyone can walk around and see everyone elses boat. Anyways, it was a fun weekend!
    HBjet

wrightnow
    If I had a jet, I'd spend most of my time getting drunk while hiding in some cove too!!
    If nobody wanted to race BGMAN thats fine. BGMAN was there to represent and in the end was TOP DOG for the event. PERIOID!
    Anyone interested in a jets vs v-drive regatta?? Just attend an NJBA event, it happens like 8 times a year.
    V-DRIVES-Top of the food chain on water. From Miss Budweiser to Top fuel hydro.
    Boy I thought the just jet group was about talking shit, We have nothing on this group.
    As for hiding in the cove getting drunk, I dont hide in fact I'm wearing one big ass scoop so it should be no problem to find me if your looking to take home the big dog award and I dont get drunk behind the wheel..period
    But your right BGMAN was top dog last weekend no question about it, but not because we were afraid to run against him just for the record. A win is a win even if he got a bye from 4 of us.
    But also for the record I was out there for a short time so was CS19 and Cyclone where was BGMAN, oh wait was it the water was not just right and too much wind and I may not win...lol Best to stay side lined and see what happens.
    I will make it to NJBA in Oct, right now it's summer time and this is my family ride I have tubes to pull, kid to wake board and a wife to float down river. so I will see you in Oct.
    Yes V-DRIVES are the top of the food chain, but not at what 105mph, that just another cruiser now days I thought V-DRIVES are for when your stepping up to 120mph+ not to play with us little old jetters....to bad it's a single purpose boat just not sure what that single purpose is yet...
    Later
    Mark

HBjet
    At this event, there was no beef between the v-drives and jets. I let Brian who I have only met maybe once before at the Irvine deal borrow my truck when I heard he needed one to launch his boat. Later that sunday, 3 of us jet boaters where floating down river and the other v-drive that attended pulled up, asked if we had a 9/16" wrench because he was taking on water. Sure enough, Hustler did and he was able to fix his boat without taking it out. I just wonder if a few jets showed up to a v-drive dominated event would they be as accepted as these v-drive guys were at a jet dominated event?
    It sucks because I don't think so.
    HBjet

Roman 1
    Originally posted by HBjet
    At this event, there was no beef between the v-drives and jets. I let Brian who I have only met maybe once before at the Irvine deal, and I let him borrow my truck when I heard he needed one to launch his boat. Later that sunday, 3 of us jet boaters where floating down river and the other v-drive that attended pulled up, asked if we had a 9/16" wrench because he was taking on water. Sure enough, Hustler did and he was able to fix his boat without taking it out. I just wonder if a few jets showed up to a v-drive dominated event would they be as accepted as these v-drive guys were at a jet dominated event?
    It sucks because I don't think so.
    HBjet
    This is a reasonable question. The answer is yes, we can get along. I saw several jets at the Needles regatta. I saw a cp, Eliminator Daytona, Southwind tunnel and a placecraft with a big huffer, oh ya wsuwrhr was also there. The jets were welcomed.
    Thats how it should be.

Jim Anderson
    Please let me know when you all will be having these outings. I can bring the taco wagon and whip up some supreme carne asada. After looking at the pics of this event I can see that there were two things: Big ugly scoops and beautiful women.
    Specials:
    2 Chimichangas + Pepsi= $4.50
    Chicken or beef burrito + Pepsi= $5.00
    Combo 2 tacos + 1 Chimichanga + Pepsi= $6.00

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Jim Anderson
    2 Chimichangas + Pepsi= $4.50
    I'll take two please.

wrightnow
    Thats all fine and dandy, but homeboys trailerqueen comments deserved a reply.
    You don't see me over in the jet forums trashing jets do you???
    The trailerqueen comment was just calling it as I saw it right..Oh yea you were not there....lol
    I'm dont normally track anybody, jets or v-drive, but as you said the comments deserved a reply....
    Mark

Roman 1
    Originally posted by wrightnow
    But also for the record I was out there for a short time so was CS19 and Cyclone where was BGMAN, oh wait was it the water was not just right and too much wind and I may not win...lol Best to stay side lined and see what happens.
    I thought V-DRIVES are for when your stepping up to 120mph+ not to play with us little old jetters....to bad it's a single purpose boat just not sure what that single purpose is yet...
    Later
    Mark
    If you think wind is enough to keep the v-drivers off the water your again mis-informed.
    Since most jet guys have never been to a circle race they can't fathom that some v-drives love rough water at 120 plus.
    V-drives aren't necessarilly for steppin up to 120 plus, plenty of jets can do that also.
    Single purpose?? This may be for some, but it can also apply to a full race jet!
    Have you never seen a v-drive cruiser that will run 120 with 4 seats and a stereo?? What about 77 chargers flat? He runs 9's with 4 seats. There are many v-drives flats and cruisers that can do everything your boat will do.
    I'll let the BGMAN respond to your "sidelined and see what happens BS!).

Roman 1
    Originally posted by wrightnow
    The trailerqueen comment was just calling it as I saw it right..Oh yea you were not there....lol
    Mark
    So, your referrance was based on 1 event with 2 v-drives attending?? No, I wasn't there, and if I was, I wouldn't form an opinion that prematurely.
    I'm sorry I didn't realize your vast experience included all of 1 trip. LOL

wrightnow
    If you think wind is enough to keep the v-drivers off the water your again mis-informed.
    Since most jet guys have never been to a circle race they can't fathom that some v-drives love rough water at 120 plus.
    V-drives aren't necessarilly for steppin up to 120 plus, plenty of jets can do that also.
    Single purpose?? This may be for some, but it can also apply to a full race jet!
    Have you never seen a v-drive cruiser that will run 120 with 4 seats and a stereo?? What about 77 chargers flat? He runs 9's with 4 seats. There are many v-drives flats and cruisers that can do everything your boat will do.
    I'll let the BGMAN respond to your "sidelined and see what happens BS!).
    Roman 1, I'm not trying to start $hit, just having fun as was BGMAN I think. I have great respect for v-drives and I believe if your want to realy go fast a v-drive is the only way to go, but up to around 100mph or so I think a jet can run right up there with v-drives if not be quicker.
    Mark

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast