Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Big River Update

Roman 1
    I don't have a scanner. In fact, I'm barely computer literate. I think BGMAN might have some shots of my dingy, I'll check with him.

HBjet
    I have a bow light, a deck think enough for me to walk all over, drink holders, and a 91 octane motor with a hydrolic cam, so I don't wrench on it, just change oil/filter, and check plugs. I think its a lake boat, but I do have one of those plenium spacers too...
    The only comment I didn't like was the one about no jets wanted to line up. I went out there, floated with my life vest on and waited for anyone and everyone. When I saw someone, I would fire up and see if they wanted to run. Not everyone did, but I don't call that a win. I would rather lose a race then back out of racing someone all together. But if I was having starter problems, or ignition issues, or if I was in my boat for the very first time with a new motor and pump setup, I would not be racing anyone either, just doing some short blasts for a few seconds. With my boat now, I am pretty used to it and know how it handles through different types of water and I will gladly lift and lose when I don't feel comfortable then try to win. When I say BG com out there, I ran up to him to run, and he, as well as I wanted to wait a few until the water calmed a bit. When we did hit it the first time, I lifted first after catching air, and he did soon after. I saw the prop shaft of that boat. Then we went up around the bend to run were its flat.
    it was fun, and the more the better.
    HBjet

Blown 472
    Main Entry: hy·drau·lic
    Pronunciation: hI-'dro-lik
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Latin hydraulicus, from Greek hydraulikos, from hydraulis hydraulic organ, from hydr- + aulos reed instrument -- more at ALVEOLUS
    1 : operated, moved, or effected by means of water
    2 a : of or relating to hydraulics <hydraulic engineer> b : of or relating to water or other liquid in motion <hydraulic erosion>
    3 : operated by the resistance offered or the pressure transmitted when a quantity of liquid (as water or oil) is forced through a comparatively small orifice or through a tube <hydraulic brakes>
    4 : hardening or setting under water <hydraulic cement>
    - hy·drau·li·cal·ly /-li-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Hustler
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Main Entry: hy·drau·lic
    Pronunciation: hI-'dro-lik
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Latin hydraulicus, from Greek hydraulikos, from hydraulis hydraulic organ, from hydr- + aulos reed instrument -- more at ALVEOLUS
    1 : operated, moved, or effected by means of water
    2 a : of or relating to hydraulics <hydraulic engineer> b : of or relating to water or other liquid in motion <hydraulic erosion>
    3 : operated by the resistance offered or the pressure transmitted when a quantity of liquid (as water or oil) is forced through a comparatively small orifice or through a tube <hydraulic brakes>
    4 : hardening or setting under water <hydraulic cement>
    - hy·drau·li·cal·ly /-li-k(&-)lE/ adverb
    You really are a F'n tool

WaterBox
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    Good job Brian. Rumor down in these parts is that a mopar powered flatty will be making the trip down from the north to kick some ASS next year. Right K-FLAT ????.
    Go M O P A R

wrightnow
    Hey BGman, What was the results when you raced the 21 daytona? I didnt see it but from a rolling start I would think he could of gave you a run for your money. From a dead start it would not have been a race.
    Mark

Hustler
    Hey Blown, I dont need to hide behind PM's. Your a complete jackass, you offer nothing to the boards and just rag on everyone who you dont agree with. get a job so you can stop picking peoples shit apart and maybe one day you will have your very own v-drive that will whoop on all the jet boats. Until then Shut The **** Up!!!

WILDERTHANU
    Hbjet, Cyclone, Cs19, and any other jet guys reading this, just so you know, not all of the V-drive guys that post on here voice the same opinions. I for one have friends with everything from Custom V-drive cruisers to full Runnerbottom race boats to 19' southwinds to a 60' Hatteras sport fisher to a sick ass 26' American offshore and on and on. I love them all the same, I'm a fan of "boating" in general. My family owns four boats, not all of them are V-drives. You guys should be proud of the #'s your boats are putting out, and the fact that you can enjoy them at the river.....a fast "boat" that you can drive all day long and party on is the ultimate river toy!!! Your event looked like alot of fun, you guys got the right idea, the river is about having fun with your friends, its not even close to being the fastest out there, thats just gay!!! Maybe I'm just more the "river" type, I just love being out there...
    I see nothing wrong with these pics.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...saGina-med.JPG
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19butts.jpg
    Cs19, great job bro....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P01024-med.JPG

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by Roman 1
    On the flip side of that, a 300 pound, canyon runnerbottom, perfectly set up, will beat an incorrectly set up heavyweight jet (like wsuwrhrs boat) with same power.
    Hey hey hey, how did my boat get brought into this? I have no beef with a jet or v-drive.
    I can hang out with either camp, I still don't understand why everyone just can't appreciate the effort it takes for ANY boat to get it up to that speed.
    We all should be friends here, united for the common good. OURS. I talked to everyone I found at FC,(and every other ***boat event Christie and I have gone too), offered a buddies van to help launch people who had rigs too hard to move around, as I was one of them.
    This FC thing is getting way out of hand, I think BG threw some race gas on the fire in this thread. Ain't right dude. There was plenty of racing going on. Why you gotta be like that?
    I am trying to get a v-drive boat lined up for next year. I will bring both boats if I can.
    I was hoping, and trying actually, to get a few V-drive boats out there since it was a LOW FREEBOARD event(read V-drive also). I was hoping some heavy hitters would show up. The water was surprisingly flat in areas for a v-drive(to my uneducated eyes).
    Please don't fuk it up for next year.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by Roman 1
    ... will beat an incorrectly set up heavyweight jet (like wsuwrhrs boat) with same power.
    Originally posted by roostwear
    Brutal! (damn glad I'm a HAIR faster now!)
    Looks around, steps onto the podium, wonders who will listen, and takes a breath....
    <rant on>
    Why am I getting fukkin' bashed here. Ain't right.
    I built this boat from nothing, when I had nothing. Daddy didn't help this cat out.
    I am 33 now, ten years ago.... I bought my Anthony as a running POS boat for 500.
    Come to think of it, I even BORROWED the money to buy it.
    Broke the motor the first time out, rebuilt it, and ran it for two seasons with an Olds.
    Aside from the basic pump and hull, I hand built the whole boat, myself.
    I did the wood for the seats. I only paid for the seat coverings. I also replaced the transom wood. The gel, for those of you that don't know about gel, it isn't like a paint color, you can't buy it in any color you want, I mixed the color myself, sprayed it, sanded it, built the motor, the rigging, gas tank, battery mounts, seat bases, shoe, ride plate. I installed gauges, carpet, a REX fuel filler, hid the battery cables, switch plate and fuel lines the best I could. I built my own adapter to run a Berk diverter, my own 17-4 shaft to use a Legend impeller in the Jacuzzi housing, my own pressure regulator set-up and plumbed the whole boat with braided hose.
    You will not find a steel bolt(except INSIDE the motor and drive couplers), or a plain rubber hose ANYWHERE on my boat. The only hardware that isn't ARP stainless are the flat head screws that they dont make.
    More than I can even remember right now.
    I have broke parts along the way, and I am still changing things I don't like.
    My inexperience shows in some of the work too. If that is what you mean by incorrectly set-up. I couldn't find many people in the industry that wanted to help me with shit, I didn't have money to throw around. At the time I didn't know who else to ask, and didn't know ANYONE with a boat. It had and Olds and a Jacuzzi, for christ's sake. What was I thinking, CA-MON. This is the biggest reason why I try so hard to help out the younger guys(and others) that are so much like me, so many ideas and nowhere to go.
    This boat was more or less complete before I joined ***boat online. Maybe I put too much time and money into something that isn't worth shit, but it is mine, and I don't owe anything on it, and noone handed me a thing for it. All I knew is I wanted one.
    It runs, I drive it around, and I take it back home. Works perfect.
    Noone here can say I get into "My boat is faster than yours"
    bullshit
    PROFESSIONAL racers get beat by .01 second often enough, and some of those guys are dealing with 5000 HP, now you goons river racing at 100MPH, SOME of you that I have seen with with no helmet, no ballistic shorts, no Lifeline, or missing one or more of the 3 basics listed.
    We are all slower than someone, and why should anyone care?
    Someone, somewhere, has a boat that will ass-hand the fastest boat in this crowd.
    I'm guessing my boat was just used as an example because it fit, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. When you put so much time, money, and labor into something, it gets to you.
    Brian
    <rant off>

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast