Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Pedro on Mem. Day?

MOBrien
    Anyone heading to DP next weekend?

Robbie Racer
    We will be there Memorial weekend (camping at Moccasin Point). My buddy Al (RocketJ) will also be there with his new HTM. Where are you staying and what kind of boat do you have? We will keep a look out for you.
    Keith

MOBrien
    Not sure if we're even staying overnight or not. We're in Elk Grove and may just make it two back-to-back day trips on Sat & Sun. It's kind of a late decision to go and don't have any campground booked. We're running a 2000 Cheetah Stiletto 24....all white with purple & orange "scratch" graphics on the ass end....pic is attached.
    What are you guys ridin' in?
    -MOB

Robbie Racer
    MOB, love your graphics. I will keep an eye out for you on Saturday and Sunday. Where will you be launching at?
    I have a 25' Carrera cat, white with red graphics with a blower motor sticking out the hatch. RocketJ has a 24' HTM cat, white with teal graphics. We will most likely be motoring about together on Saturday and Sunday on Don Pedro. Then we may go over to New Malones on Monday.

MOBrien
    so you folks have them speedy boats eh? You'll be easy to spot....oh wait, hear! Wish I could say the same about having something big & shiny sticking out...but no....can't. Total stocker only running 60mph fully trimmed out. Love to be on the water though and don't have to worry about being blown off the lake by wind/boat chop like many of my buds with their $50K board boats. They park 'em & we head for the middle!
    Love having a 24!
    Got any pics of your Carrera? I was lookin hard at them & HTM before going with the Cheetah....purely a price decision. This is our first boat and will look to upgrade bigger and badder on the next one when we are in position to place a factory order. For now it's all about lazy cruisin days with the wife & litt'lin, and our 24 will provide for us nicely. Thanks on the graphics....we really like it and it was a no-brainer for us when we saw it in person about 6 weeks ago.
    Hope to see you guys out there next weekend.

MOBrien
    Oh yeah...........
    Only been to DP 2x and both trips were houseboating bachelor parties....don't remember much. ;-o''''' Especially on how to get there or what the best ramp is to launch from.
    Advice on that?
    Thanks,
    MOB

Robbie Racer
    Yeah, you ought to be able to hear us coming. I hear you about not having to be worried about being blown off the lake when the wind picks up. That's the main reason why I sold my 19' Eliminator and went with the 25' Carrera. You can either launch over by the dam at Fleming Medows or at Moccasin Point. I'm not sure which one is the easier for you to get to from Elk Grove. Both are good launch ramps but Fleming has more parking. Here is a link to a map of the lake: http://www.donpedrolake.com/mapLake.html
    Here's a link to a picture of my Carrera:
    http://www.zaxisracing.com/new_carre...ure_boat_1.htm
    Look forward to seeing you there.

MOBrien
    Nice lookin! Simple & clean. Can't tell 'cause of picture clarity....are those carbs anodized red? Bet that sucker moves & lookin forward to seeing it in person....we'll look for the red & white blur.
    See you in the middle!

Robbie Racer
    The carbs (and air cleaner) used to be anodized red on the motor in that picture. The new motor has 3, 4 barrell Holley's on top. It's hard to miss as you don't see that set up every day.

MOBrien
    Awe come on! Are you F'n kiddin me with that thang?
    Damn-it...Damn-it...Damn-it!!!
    Can't compete.
    Not going.
    Pride hurt.
    Half a man.
    No blower.
    EFI.
    Nothin shiny.
    No headers.
    60 flat out. 60!
    That's all she's got.
    Not going, not going, not going!!!
    JK, I'll be out there. Just look for the guy with heavy amounts of drool hanging from his chin & tears in his eyes. Wait, you won't see that.....you'll be goin by me too freakin fast.
    Hope to meet you and see that carb set-up..........Nutty!
    What's your HTM bud running? Please tell me a stock 350 volvo penta. heheheheh.......doubt that. :yuk: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast