Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beck Racing Engines

Slick
    Around here they call 'em "Broken Racing Engines". There are alot of options out there.

roln 20s
    Although the only things I have heard about BRE was horror stories prior to this weekend, SandbarMike has a BRE in his Force and its running great.
    However, if it was my dollar- I'm going to Larry's Engine in Tucson.
    I want to build a 26 Howard Cat too, hopefully next year, and I plan on using Larry.
    As everyone says, tons of opinions- take them for whatever they are worth.
    Good luck.
    Roln 20s

SDLifesaver
    Thanks for all the input. I am just trying to nail down the last piece of the 6 figure plus pie. Phaff is leading, Teague second, and this GT guy has me curious, I wish he would email me some 411. Anybody have a new Phaff 600 with Fuel Injection?

Give DNE Motorsports in costa mesa,ca. a call.

UBFJ #454
    Definately take a serious look at DNE Motorsports ... You will not be sorry.
    Dave Ebbert ..... (949) 631-3781
    If you want to see an example of his work go to the photo gallery at our website.

Terrible Buddhist
    BRE screwed up my uncles new blown 406 pretty good...they thought the hyper pistons would work, and were VERY wrong...some other quality control issues in there as well...wouldn't use them.

River Lynchmob
    SD if you're lloking at Teague and Pfaff definitelly look at Carson Brummett in Pasadena he builds twin turbos both carborated and EFI blower motors and quad rotter whipple with either carbs or EFI between my dad and i we have 4 boat motors and 2 motors in cars plus countless motors over the years in any configuration you can think of and never a problem... none every motor is dyno'd. he is hte owner of Gentry Tubos Systems.

Jrocket
    Infomaniac:
    No info here.
    Too far from the Marine Assault engine factory. Now that was a smooth plug!

GofastRacer
    Terrible Buddhist:
    BRE screwed up my uncles new blown 406 pretty good...they thought the hyper pistons would work, and were VERY wrong...some other quality control issues in there as well...wouldn't use them. Those pistons are only good for a low compression street motor, they are too brittle, they break under heavy load!..

GofastRacer
    Now I know why I build my own motors!..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast