Thread: Looking For Thoroughbred V-Drive Parts...

LakesOnly
    (BUMP 20MAY04)
    Still looking as nothing has come through yet.
    I could use just the dogs and/or the whole damn v-drive. Anywhere in between too.
    Will go into K-Boat (motor sits forward).
    Wanna make Father's Day CFW!
    Thanks,
    Paul

Big Mac
    I have parts for that vee drive. Shift dogs Right or left hand? What all are you looking for?

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    I have parts for that vee drive. Shift dogs Right or left hand? What all are you looking for?
    Thaks Mac,
    Boat comes out of the hole at 8000+ and blows in/out dogs, so that's primarily what we need.
    Don't know if they're RH or LH, but will find out when we get back to work on it in about a week. I'll PM you.
    Thanks,
    LO

LakesOnly
    (BUMP)
    Still looking as nothing has come through yet.
    I could use just the dogs and/or the whole damn v-drive. Anywhere in between too.
    Wanna make Father's Day CFW!
    Thanks,
    Paul

Roman 1
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    (BUMP)
    Paul
    Thats cool, another K for the racing circuit! Theres nothing better than a Blown Alcohol circle boat!!
    What kind of boat is it??? Biesemeyer?
    Sorry, I'm just curious??
    RC

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Roman 1
    Thats cool, another K for the racing circuit!
    What kind of boat is it??? Biesemeyer?
    Sorry, I'm just curious??
    RC
    Nothin' special here...an old Belmont with a Pontiac 428 that's been, uh, massaged...60% beater/40% sleeper.:devil:
    Wanna get it going, though. Somebody's gotta have an old Thoroughbred laying around....?
    LO

Roman 1
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Nothin' special here...an old Belmont with a Pontiac 428 that's been, uh, massaged...60% beater/40% sleeper.:devil:
    Wanna get it going, though. Somebody's gotta have an old Thoroughbred laying around....?
    LO
    Sounds like a bitchen boat!! I'm not sure why your callin it a "K" ???
    Good luck hunting for a v-drive!

Moneypitt
    Call Phil Bergeron, or Steve McElroy. Bergeron's is over near Phoenix, and Mc Elroy is in orange county. If you can't locate these guys, let me know. BTW the drive dog rotation direction is the same as your prop. (LH/or RH). If the motor is in for circles, driving off the front, you should have a RH prop, and need RH dogs. Bergeron reconditions the dogs, that's where I got mine for my Aero v drive. If you're popping the dogs, chances are the detent lever may be bad. I had to re work mine, and with the re cond. dogs I've had zero problems.............Moneypit

LakesOnly
    Thanks for the leads Moneypitt, they're good to have...we'll recondition the dogs in a last resort situation...the gear shafts are pretty worn too (mic'd 'em). We have just set it up direct-drive for the time being and is working; I'd really like a whole other box or two. We have plenty of gearsets...getting a Casale for this boat would be like putting a Doug Nash 5-speed in a '59 Chrysler...but overall the boat is mechanically worth keeping it going...
    (Bump)
    LO