Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody boat between Blythe and Yuma?

ryantparks
    Just wondering what its like because I have never been there and dont know anyone that has. Any places to stay and what roads go there. Thanks, Ryan
    Also, what is it called around there?

Flying Tiger
    Originally posted by ryantparks
    Just wondering what its like because I have never been there and dont know anyone that has. Any places to stay and what roads go there. Thanks, Ryan
    Also, what is it called around there?
    I used to,, sandbars deluxe. Killer sandbars. Jets only.
    It was where I first laid eyes on the river,, and I can remember it perfectly,,, It was like I died and woke up in heaven.

Lightning
    I boat in the Yuma (martinez lake) areas all the time, what do you want to know.

ryantparks
    Ive been there also even about 10 miles up river from there but in the middle of say Martinez lake and Blythe I never hear about and was curious about the conditions and is it crowded etc?

ryantparks
    Lightning, were you at the Ultra Regatta? If so post a pic of your boat for me to see. Thanks

Lightning
    It's usually not too crowded at all. It's soft sand bottom, shallow in parts and deep in others. Lot's of jet boats and outboards - many people say that a jet is mandatory, however if you know the river that's not the case. We usually go up to Picacho, which is about 12miles north of Martinez Lake. I have never launched on the Blythe side or been to Blythe.
    I was not at the Ultra regatta . . my boat is a 21xs, bright red and yellow. Look for the thread that says Martinez Lake roll call and you will see a photo of my boat.

BarryMac
    We do the same as Lightning, usually launch at Squaw Lake and head to Pichacho, unload on a Sandbar and cruise up a little further, before I bought my Carrera I had a SeaRay with an I/O, I made it as far river with that as I do my Jet, I just had to be alot more careful. Like that section of the river because it seems to be more family freindly.

shueman
    One of my best bud's swears by Walter's Camp. It's the last camp / access before the Wildlife Refuge and maybe 16 miles above Picacho.
    I bought my first jet back in the '80's because I loved the whole area from Blythe south. Most trips were to McIntye and run south to Palo Verde. Get a few miles south of the camp and you had the whole river to yourself.
    Get a Fish-n-Map for the Lower Colorado; it's great..!!

BarryMac
    Originally posted by shueman
    One of my best bud's swears by Walter's Camp. It's the last camp / access before the Wildlife Refuge and maybe 16 miles above Picacho.
    Get a Fish-n-Map for the Lower Colorado; it's great..!!
    Shueman,
    Do they have gas at Walters Camp? My Carrera has two 20 gallon tanks, I think I can make it there and back to Squaw Lake on one fill but just in case.
    Were can I get the said Fish-n-Map?
    gjb thanks you and of course the rest of HB Forum members thanks you...

cheezpanel
    I went from Hidden Shores to Walter's a few years ago w/ an outboard...they did have a gas dock. It was a fun trip, but after about 7 miles north of Picacho I'm not familiar with the river and where all the sandbars are, so that was a bit nerve wracking. Not very many boats up there, so that was nice. As long as you know the river, a jetboat is not necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast