Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blower case repair????

DogHouse
    Uh oh, it's not looking good for the old Magic cat... Next summer there's going to be way too many blown Daytonas running around Pleasant just waiting to open up some whoopass on my weak-kneed cat-dog!
    Damn where am I going to come up with 4600 bucks to cover that intercooled 8-71 setup from Kuhl...
    -brian cry

Kurtis500
    WAIT!! Check the inside of the blower. I have run a 1/4 inch nut through a blower before. Yes, embarrasing but true. I ran it without the scoop but put the nut back on the stem. It worked itself off and down in she went. Cracked half-way down the side of the case and ruined the rotors. The force of crushing the nut slammed one rotor into the the other warping both shafts and punching a hole in one. If your case is cracked the rotors are likely damaged also. The rotors clear the case all the way across by small tolerances, .016 or so depending on the set-up. If the case has a tiny bow in it caused by the case being pushed out it can change the dimensions of the end plate locations and cause the rotors to rub the case. If the damage is similar to my old blower I would think twice about using the case and/or rotors again without both being checked on very accurate machines for straightness. A blower explosion grenades pieces in all directions, and this is at head level in most boats.
    You said it all ok now, so if it is nevermind the whole post.

pleasantcat
    HMMMMM. i guess i was thinking along the same line then. i dont feel this is big enough for my engine so, im "fixing it" for a street racer who wants a cheap huffer for his car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12