Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: GT New Howard Bullet III

roln 20s
    I plan on ordering this thing in October, November at the latest. The reason for this time table is I want Mike and Gene to use mine at the LA Boat Show in '05. I will be getting a 25 Bullet, hard deck, and for Power- Dr Marg's 496HO and drive.
    This is contingent on a fews things, but right now, it looks real good. I can't wait.
    Oh, and to answer the next question- Dr Marg will be "upgrading" to something with a little more power, I know GT will be getting a call.
    GT- I have a few questions about the boat and hard deck version- I'll give you a call sometime.
    Roln 20s

TPI
    That sounds like a pretty good plan. It would definately be cost effective for you to score Tom's motor package. I wonder what Tom is going to end up with for power? I'll bet it's 100 more hp than he wants right now?

phebus
    Originally posted by GT
    That sounds like a pretty good plan. It would definately be cost effective for you to score Tom's motor package. I wonder what Tom is going to end up with for power? I'll bet it's 100 more hp than he wants right now?
    Do you think that boat could handle it?

roln 20s
    Absolutely- GT put 1000 in his 25 and ran a chine walk free 111mph. It can definately handle the power, just like its big brother the 28 Bullet.
    I'm not sure what Dr M wants- my guess is something NA EFI around 700. Thats a 90mph Bullet. I have a feeling this is the way its gonna go:
    I buy Toms 496HO,
    He buys a new TP EFI Motor,
    Then I need a bigger motor and sell mine to another new 25 Bullet owner,
    Then I call Gary at TP and get a new EFI Whipple motor--something about triple digits at your fingertips really gets me stoked (Note: this is down the road...a ways)
    Or I buy a 28 Bullet-- and get a new motor then wow, I like this idea.
    Roln 20s <---Howard obsessed, and can't wait to buy one

TPI
    Originally posted by phebus
    Roln,
    I think Phebus is jerking your chain a bit.(lol) Or Tom's chain! At 90 mph those bullets are a no brainer.

phebus
    Originally posted by GT
    Roln,
    I think Phebus is jerking your chain a bit.(lol) Or Tom's chain! At 90 mph those bullets are a no brainer.
    Definately joking. I haven't heard a bad thing about those Bullet's yet, and I know you had your's going very fast GT.

roln 20s
    GT and Phebus- Yeah, I know he was jerkin my chain, although you can't really tell from my response I don't think we need to say much, the Bullets seem to speek for themselves.
    Roln 20s

dr. margarita
    Hey guys, I'm glad Roln 20's is planning my future and spending some bucks too Patrick, this is all contingent on the "secret mission". I'll release info to HB and LVHB members fairly soon. I'll know more this week. Phebus knows what I'm talkin about!
    My current plan is in early January, when Roln 20's is ready for the motor and drive to upgrade to a Taylor Performance built 540 naturally aspirated motor and a first rate, "never worry about it" drive. A super charger would be the final phase, if ever. The motor is a no brainer...however Mike Willen's newest tooling work has mine and my wife's interest and may force a boat change!
    Get ready Patrick, if Howard's newest project is smokin, you might have to settle for a killer deal on a 25' open bow (more seating for Amanda's buddies!)

TPI
    Meooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww?
    Say it isnt so!

phebus
    Meooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww? Deckboat? Say it is so!!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast