Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somerville, Memorial day weekend

EASYSTROKE
    Yes baja204 that is goodtimes on San Jac. I get off at 3 on Friday and will head down there then. Still need to do a little tuning.
    Greaser are you going to be at summerville on Sunday? I was also wondering if you remember a machine shop in Bryan called LoneStar Machine?

Greaser
    I do plan on being there Sunday. My plans are to be out there both Sat, and sun, its pretty convienant that I only live about 15 to 20 minutes away And I also dont have to worry about any traffic. I love living in the country
    I think I remember the machine shop you mentioned.

EASYSTROKE
    greaser, where do you recomend putting in at? It has been about 18 years since I have been there and that was only once.
    I mentioned LoneStar machine because I worked there about 8-10 years ago when I lived in Bryan. I was wondering how long you had been around that area. We built a few boat motors back then and I just couldn't understand why someone would do that instead of putting the engine in a street or drag car, then I road in one and realized the joys of jet boating.

460rogers
    Lone Star machine is gone now.
    Charlie packed up and relocated the shop to Fairfield.
    There are only 3 real machine shops in Bryan now
    Vilas,Harrison,and if your feeling luckey Cooks.
    There are a few small shops but its a buddy buddy thing,if they don't know you be prepaired to wait.

EASYSTROKE
    460rogers,
    I still talk to Charlie now and then. Fairfield is minutes away from where I grrew up. I was kinda surprised when he moved to such a small town but he says his business is still pretty good. He has family there. As far as the other machine shops........I will keep my comments to myself. 460rogers did you ever meet or know that guy named Watt that worked for Vilas? He was quite a character.

460rogers
    Yea I've talked to Watt before he is different.
    I know his dad also.
    I'm trying to decide which shop to use on a 2.3 ford for a mini stock.I saw one done by cooks so they are off the list of usable shops.Vilas did a LUV head for me that looked good so I'll probably use them if they will do it.Charlie is just too far away.
    Overlook has a nice ramp with lots of parking.Welch is not as busy but the ramp ain't great but there is plenty of parking.
    My favorate ramp is at yeagua park(sp)but there is not much parking they have 2 sets of ramps I use the new ones to the right when you enter, the ramps to the left has no dock.

Greaser
    I like the ramps at Welch, mailny because they are not that busy, and plenty of parking. The ramps are also in a cove, so the water is smooth most of the time. Gives you a good place to warm the boat up Plus there is plenty of shore lone around there to park the boat and enjoy the scenery. Only bad thing is all the damn pwc.

EASYSTROKE
    Sorry guys but I couldn't make it up this weekend. had fuel problems and still trying to work out the kinks of the new setup. Did finally get it fixed and had a great time on San Jacinto on Monday. Maybe next time.
    460rogers,
    I think Charlie makes a trip to Bryan once a week. If you called I'm sure he would be glad to meet up with ya if he could. The number is (903) 389-3880. He has other sources of income so he doesn't have to work anymore, he just does it because he enjoys it. (must be nice) Tell him that you know Scott that use to work for him and that will make it somewhat personal and not just another business transaction. Don't know much about anyone who works at Vilas anymore so I can't give you any advice on them.
    Gas for the boat : 50.00
    gas for the truck to make about 10 trips to the lake 200.00
    buying a "new" electric fuel pump off ebay: an expensive pain in my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greaser
    I went out saturday and Sunday. Saturday, it was way to windy, but there was about 4 other jet boats at welch. None of which in the water, they must have thoght like me. I went back on Sunday, and the same jet boats were there again, and looked like they were having a blast, so I decieded to unload. Thats when I found out I was having fuel problems. So I loaded it back up, and watched the other guys have fun. That got kinda boering, so we packed up and drove over to pecan. Now that is where the party is. There was also some very nice boats out there, along with some great lookin women. So guess where I will be spending most of my summer
    I spent most of yesterday pulling out my gas tanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12