Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat length in Topock Gorge

flat broke
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Hey Hey Hey.... Looks like your starting to speak your mind on these boards.. Glad to see our little talk at the sandbar made some impact.. LOL
    You sure?
    Actually your slightly mistaken in your statements. As said above Shadow's boat is quite custom. Unique Battery setup, stereo setup, gelcoat etc.. I'm curious as to where I can go down whatever street and buy the same one?
    His boat looks exactly like everyone elses? Your making an ass out of yourself becuase anyone that can see the boat in the avatar can tell you that it doesn't look like everyone elses..
    Lets take a look at your shit box though. Do you think I could tell it apart from any other low freeboard jetboat?
    Did you make anything on it yourself? If so lets see it... Your spouting your mouth pretty hard you better have a pretty nice peace of equipment to back it up.. and it BETTER BE BUILT BY YOU, not just going down the street and paying the experts..
    RD
    Sorry Davey Boy, but you poped the wrong side on this deal unless you were looking for a ride in a Shadow for the summer. There is a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference between someone who goes down to John and says I'd like a boat with xyz colors, abc power, and oh throw in the flavor of the week stereo; and someone who says, "I'd like a haul ass flat/cruiser/jetboat/whatever" Has a hull laid up (or resurects one from the past) and creates his/her own ride with their own hands.
    Sure its an objective issue as the guys with the money will say that their time is more valuable than their money and they can't justify the commitment of their resources (mainly time) to go and rig their own ride. I have no problem with this as it helps the economy and employs riggers at various manufaturers. But a true custom is built the old fashioned way... By the owner.
    As for talking out of ones ass, you should be the last one on the boards talking ANY shit on ANYONE's boat. Last time I checked you roll in a 10' outboard with f'd up gel done by a convicted felon (and a shit sorry craftsman at that), rigged with billet parts that were done by buds who owed you or someone else favors, then rigged up by someone else while you sat and held the digital camera taking pictures.
    Now does all this mean I'm capping on Shadow's ride? Nope, never seen it, but it sounds cool. Does this mean that factory rigged boats with slick gel and thumpin stereo's are contemptable in my opinion? Absolutely not. Is it a personal attack on you? Nope, just pointing out that your pious posts about other peoples rides are total horse sh*t.
    In regard to the gorge... big boat, little boat, it makes no difference. If an ass is at the wheel, sh*t's gonna get ugly sooner or later.
    Chris

Roman 1
    First off River Dave,
    (Since you want to jump into the fire)
    Drinking and driving on the river is another can of worms. READ MY POST! Small boats were here first! Why should the big boats be allowed to just run us out?? All we ask for is common sense on the behalf of the "Big Boat" operators! Is that too much to ask?
    Now, I don't care if you care what kind of boat I have! Who the f--k are you! Oh, I'm sorry your daddy has a house at the river and your pwc sized boat is started with a string! IMPRESSIVE!
    Shadows boat may not be a peice of shit but your wrong if you thing John West wouldn't build me one exactly like it if I so ordered. Yes, this type of boat and basic gel scheme is very common!
    My boat is a Miller Flattbottom as seen in the movie "The Great outdoors" I actually rented it but somebody painstakingly hand built the boat to be one of a kind. Thats the beauty of the flats and jets that cruise our waterways, they are all one of a kind!
    I have built several boats in the past and even own a 38 foot cig. The difference is... I DON'T TAKE IT TO THE RIVER! Oh BTW the flat is much more fun to drive.
    RC

shadow
    Roman heres my perspective,If your boat aint sea worthy time for you to step up or find another hobby!****in a right I like to show off my pride.Something owning the boat you got you wouldn't know nothing about except on the trailer,no wake zone or maybe the winter on a weekday if the wind aint blowin.as far as a pile of shit,funny how all the manufactures are making these piles of shit and selling like hotcakes.there must be a market for them maybe if you work reeeeal hard someday you can shit can your little gem and step up to a real boat,would never leave my boat in a hotel parking lot.Maybe you feel comfortable doing that but my fenders alone are worth more then your "little gem".Let me ask you this?assuming you have an ol lady ask her which boat she'd rather be in? I think we both know the answer to that one.

Roman 1
    Originally posted by flat broke
    Sorry Davey Boy, but you poped the wrong side on this deal unless you were looking for a ride in a Shadow for the summer. There is a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference between someone who goes down to John and says I'd like a boat with xyz colors, abc power, and oh throw in the flavor of the week stereo; and someone who says, "I'd like a haul ass flat/cruiser/jetboat/whatever" Has a hull laid up (or resurects one from the past) and creates his/her own ride with their own hands.
    Sure its an objective issue as the guys with the money will say that their time is more valuable than their money and they can't justify the commitment of their resources (mainly time) to go and rig their own ride. I have no problem with this as it helps the economy and employs riggers at various manufaturers. But a true custom is built the old fashioned way... By the owner.
    As for talking out of ones ass, you should be the last one on the boards talking ANY shit on ANYONE's boat. Last time I checked you roll in a 10' outboard with f'd up gel done by a convicted felon (and a shit sorry craftsman at that), rigged with billet parts that were done by buds who owed you or someone else favors, then rigged up by someone else while you sat and held the digital camera taking pictures.
    Now does all this mean I'm capping on Shadow's ride? Nope, never seen it, but it sounds cool. Does this mean that factory rigged boats with slick gel and thumpin stereo's are contemptable in my opinion? Absolutely not. Is it a personal attack on you? Nope, just pointing out that your pious posts about other peoples rides are total horse sh*t.
    In regard to the gorge... big boat, little boat, it makes no difference. If an ass is at the wheel, sh*t's gonna get ugly sooner or later.
    Chris
    Very well put!!

nielly
    I did not think I would ster up so much controversey on a hot topic. But, have to say that I have the original bill of sale from 1976 for my boat and it is paid for. The question is do you own your boat or does your bank.

Roman 1
    Originally posted by shadow
    Roman heres my perspective,If your boat aint sea worthy time for you to step up or find another hobby!****in a right I like to show off my pride.Something owning the boat you got you wouldn't know nothing about except on the trailer,no wake zone or maybe the winter on a weekday if the wind aint blowin.as far as a pile of shit,funny how all the manufactures are making these piles of shit and selling like hotcakes.there must be a market for them maybe if you work reeeeal hard someday you can shit can your little gem and step up to a real boat,would never leave my boat in a hotel parking lot.Maybe you feel comfortable doing that but my fenders alone are worth more then your "little gem".Let me ask you this?assuming you have an ol lady ask her which boat she'd rather be in? I think we both know the answer to that one.
    Just as I thought, a yuppie threw and threw! You laid down the big bucks or (more likely picked up the big debt) to try an impress the ladys. Its too bad you have to pay for your women, and the ones you'll pick up are gold-diggers who will f--k your pool guy when your at work anyway!
    Your right there is a market for these boats. But the idiot buyers don't know where to take them!!(the ocean being the correct answer).
    I have enough money to indulge all of lifes excesses and have from time to time, but thats my business!! Your pompous, stuck up, snob, attitute is not becoming!!
    RC

BrendellaJet
    Damn, cant you guys stay on topic? Why does this have to be about somebodys boat, who rigged it, how much they paid for it or how much it looks like another.
    Personally I think the big boats should stay off the river. Thats my opinion. Got a little boat and dont like big water? Go up river. Gonna drink and drive, and endanger those around you? I hope you get whats coming to you.

shadow
    neily,woooh that really something to be proud of!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what did you pay back then $2500? 30yrs later still worth $2500
    great investment.AS a matter a fact I own more than the bank and probablly own 25 times more than yours is worth.now if you want to get on the ol mighty high about financing.do you own everything yours cars,house,etc.If you do maybe thats why you still have a $2500 boat.

shadow
    Roman check this out,I've got me a wife so the boat aint to pick up chicks!So there you are wrong again.Yuppie? come on now,I'm the farthest thing from a yuppie you could ever meet.Get off your kick your wrong and you know it!All boats have the right to be out there.Just know where you should be and when you should be there.OUT OF MY ****ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pool guy subject sounds like a touchy subject to you?It's okay we wont humilliate you with the pool guy and wife story.

Roman 1
    Originally posted by shadow
    Roman check this out,I've got me a wife so the boat aint to pick up chicks!So there you are wrong again.Yuppie? come on now,I'm the farthest thing from a yuppie you could ever meet.Get off your kick your wrong and you know it!All boats have the right to be out there.Just know where you should be and when you should be there.OUT OF MY ****ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pool guy subject sounds like a touchy subject to you?It's okay we wont humilliate you with the pool guy and wife story.
    Yes, YUUPPPPIE!!!! And No, I am definately not wrong!!
    You probably can't get out of your own way and....
    ...I am the pool guy!!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast