Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone done this upgrade for the 496 HO yet???

Chris Winn
    hey Kachina,
    how are you doing? it was great to meet you at the heatwave, this guy really sounds like he has it togather, what would you say??
    my warranty is up in Oct, but i think that might try this out sooner than that (possibly in end of june timeframe)
    when are you headed out next?

Toomstone
    hey ray,
    how would these modifications affect the sound of the 496HO. I really like the sound of it and wouldn't want it to change to much.

Kachina26
    Doing very well thanx. The kit sounds interesting, my warranty isn't up until the end of the year. By then maybe they will have a few more boats on the water with the kit. Working in the biz I do, I am not excited to be the first one on the block with the newest thing. I like to hang back and see how things pan out. Even GM with millions in R&D takes a little time to get all the kinks ironed out of its newest technology or even mods to its own technology. But don't let me scare you out of it, somebody has to be first.
    I'll be out the weekend of June 11th, I want to check out Frenchies new ride.

Chris Winn
    my next run for sure will be fathers day weekend, we have the Magic owners regatta that weekend as well.
    i don't want to be THE 1st, hopefully someone else has to try it, but if they will stand by the motor if anything happens that is due to their changes i am game.
    if thsi works, alot of people wont buy the blue motors (unless they plan to supercharge) and but this upgrade.
    we will see..............

dicudmore
    ok how about 1 of you 2 try it out. the other try the az speed and marine dealio.....
    and myself or some other "guinea pig" pick up a pro-charger....
    we can compare notes
    over a beer (read arrowhead) at the river

Chris Winn
    hello Dicudmore,
    i think that i will travel down to his shop and check things out, i feel comfortable i might just try the kit out, i anyone else feels like going we can set a time and date to do so.
    pm me if you are interested

dicudmore
    Originally posted by Chris Winn
    hello Dicudmore,
    i think that i will travel down to his shop and check things out, i feel comfortable i might just try the kit out, i anyone else feels like going we can set a time and date to do so.
    pm me if you are interested
    that might just make for a good trip
    -Dan

Toomstone
    does anyone know how much speed you would gain when you can hit 70 w/425hp and then you bump it up to 525hp on a magic deck boat?

shadow
    Originally posted by Toomstone
    does anyone know how much speed you would gain when you can hit 70 w/425hp and then you bump it up to 525hp on a magic deck boat?
    My guess would be right around 80 mph.

Chris Winn
    i think that shadow is pretty accurate, the real key is that you woud achieve greater cruising MPH at lower RPM settings and a great mid range punch, that would be nice to cruise at 60MPH instaed of allmost having it wrapped out.
    anyone for a roadtrip, i think that there are a few microbrewery's we could hit on the way down and back

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast