Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any one still run traditional river jet boats

cook1
    Just wondering if anyone runs the traditional alum river boat with any performance mods. I run a 21 ft alum jetcraft with a stroked 501 bbf edelbrock heads roller hyd came lighting headers with an aggressor pump. I run it in shallow water and have even managed to hit a few rocks.

canuck1
    Originally posted by cook1
    Just wondering if anyone runs the traditional alum river boat with any performance mods. I run a 21 ft alum jetcraft with a stroked 501 bbf edelbrock heads roller hyd came lighting headers with an aggressor pump. I run it in shallow water and have even managed to hit a few rocks.
    Is there anything else?

quiet riot
    I don't know if its what you call traditional but alum and rivers are the most fun I've had on the water. I finally got the new motor tuned ok (stroked small block ford) so I'm gonna see what it'll do this weekend.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1036.jpg
    It sure jumps to 50 mph pretty fast but I haven't been able to stay in it yet as its been too lean reading the plugs. 8 jet sizes up later and I finally got descent color on the plugs so now its time to play again (yeah, I know, I need a bigger carb but that might have to wait a little while.)
    Oh yeah, it had some origins with jetcraft also.
    jd

ssanddemon
    Riotman, you're the first guy I've seen in the Portland area on this board. Finally getting my CVX on the water this weekend (I hope) for the first time. Fired her up for the first time today, pump parts supposed to be here tomorrow. Maybe we can meet up at Hagg or something this summer. There's one other guy around here somewhere named Doug something-or-other I know thru RJB, don't know if he has a boat yet.
    Mike T.

Aluminum Squirt
    You may call it "hitting a few rocks", I call it adjusting my hull for better performance. Try that in a fiberglass boat!-Aluminum Squirt

quiet riot
    Sandmon, Theres a few around here. 396z, cruzer, hp350sc and a few others. We should all go to the cdba drags on june 19 and 20th at dexter reservoir outside of Eugene. Raced with em a few times and as long as the boat is up to snuff I'll prob do a few this summer also.
    jd

ssanddemon
    Pump parts showed up today, YIPEE!! Gonna splash 'er tomorrow.
    Got the week of the 12th thru 20th off, gonna be at tenmile all week, coming back around Sat. Gotta go right past Eugene on the way back with my boat. Let's see if we can plan ahead and meet up at the drags!
    Mike T.

CxCx
    I saw one going somewhere yesterday. You guys know where they run them up here(WA)? CxCx

berk
    hey quiet riot and ssandemon, i live in ptown, got an aluminum boat too. you should guide me up some local rivers sometime! i havent hit the crackinyourass (clackamas) yet. ssandemon, is that a cvx 20? those have to be the sweetest looking glass hulls around in my op/. love to see one in action. oh about perf mods to aluminum< is 110mph modded enough? thats what some tin cans are pushing on the river race circuit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast