Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, so I'm buying a loader....

Anyone have a preference? I have prices from MPD, Rex and CP, and there's a fairly large difference dollarwise between them. I'm sure it comes down to who has the best design, but if I'm having to grind it anyhow, I might as well save a couple $$ if I can (the wife made me say that)
    Opinions, experience with these or others?

HBjet
    you get what you pay for....
    not to piss anyone off, but how many custom loaders do CP and REX make? How many boats do REX and CP make loaders for and change designs to meet the boats requirements?
    Just my opinion
    HBjet

Cas
    try Duane at Hi-Tech, Walt at Walt's HB Service or Jim Coffey at Performance Jet. All 3 of them have been making custom loaders for quite awhile, real good ones too.
    btw, Rex and Cp don't make headers, water valves, distributors, ignition boxes, etc....yet they sell them. Point being is they buy from lots of places that custom make many items.

HammerDown
    I got mine from Tom Papp. This loader was of his design and what he found to work best for a 21 Daytona Hull.

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet
    you get what you pay for....
    HBjet
    Yeap HB and you paid well for what you got!
    Seriously, you get many different results with loaders..everyone is different and works different in each boat. One that cost the most might make you go the slowest and vice versa. I tried over 7 different loaders in my boat and what you would think would work didnt while the basic stuff that looked like it took a half hour to make by say... MR. Jethydro...worked the best. I'd say borrow a few to give you a baseline especially if you might cut it up. Everyone has self pieces, just ask slowy..he might have some. Word has it there next to his 5 pairs of bassett headers he buys a year.
    That performance jet guy has those white lightening loaders..they look pretty good.......could be pricey.....another one that was chased away that had some good info around here. Got tired of eating donuts must be.
    Time to go find some drama....
    CHET

Cas
    Jim Coffey's White Lightning loader is pretty good looking with some excellent results. Not sure what they sell for but when I was over at his shop a couple of weeks ago, he was saying he's having trouble keeping enough supply for the sudden demand.

hack job
    i have a old one that cp and rex sell , then i bought one that jack makes and it was a huge differance. just my .02 the ones jack make are moe taylored to your bottom and pump were as the others are more a of a generic version ( i should also say that others do make custom ones i have never tested one so they could be jsut as good as jacks iam just going off my personal experiannce)

Cas
    here's a link that has a lot of the pump guys on it for referrrence and contact info
    LBBA Links Page (http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***b...opicID=1.topic)

Hey roost,
    I'd stick with Jack. You can drag your boat down to him and he'll know exactly what you're dealing with. You won't be dealing with some long distance set up. Plus, ya gotta find some one who's up with e pumps. As you well know, that's a whole different deal.
    I saw where your boat ran mid 60s! That's outstanding with that set up. I can't wait to hear what #s you get after the addition of the heads (and what ever else you have planned up you sleeve).

All good advice, and points out my dilemna. Quite a few of the names listed have excellent reputations. I'm not really looking to eek out the last 1/2 mph, but there isn't any way to really narrow down the choices from MPD, Tom Papp, HTP, Don's, etc. Hell, I don't even know if I'll pick up ANYTHING at this point.
    Anyone have a loader for an E they can let me try out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast