Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast is to fast on lake Havasu?

Jrocket
    Originally posted by Bling Bling
    Take into consideration boat size, boat traffic, water conditions, Alcohol, etc, I'm curious to hear your opinions and the mph #.
    Well Im one of the very few on this board that beleives alcohol and driving doesnt mix,especially at 150!
    Now we know your boat should be some what safe at 150.Now if 150 was too fast for the surrounding conditions that day is a different story.If you think you have the room to make a quick move to avoid something or somebdy then I would say run 150 all day long.But if you have to second guess your surroundings while your driving then maybe you need to back it down.At speeds like that you really need alot of room.Even if you think you have it under control,the unsuspected can still happen.The famous wave runner that jets out from some small cove or pops out from behind another boat is what I mean.
    Theres alot of lake out there,maybe run slower in the crowded ares and wide open in the others.Plus you need to slow down so everyone can see that you spent alot of money!!!Nobody can tell you how bitchen you are at the bar if they cant recognize your face! LMAO.J/K
    I know enough already.You only get one life,be safe.

DrewDown
    Bling, I want a ride on your bad ass pieace of hardware, but I'm not tugging on your junk. If you give me a good run I'll get you a bottle of goose. But none of that fruity shit.

Havasu Hangin'
    A 750ml bottle of Grey Goose usually lasts me about 3 hours...is that too fast?
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../1/happy33.gif

Jrocket
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    I see your cutting way back nowadays.

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    What bothers me more are the super high speed passes up at Sandbar or other congested spots on the river. Here comes a 4000++ lb missile hurling along at way over 100 mph, not more than 100' from shore and sh!tloads of people.
    DITTO THAT!

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    I didn't know they made Grey Goose in that small size. I also thought you only buy Kettle El Cheapo!

DrewDown
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    I didn't know they made Grey Goose in that small size. The goose I buy is measured in liters. 1.75 to be exact

Three Days Only
    Originally posted by DrewDown
    Bling, I want a ride on your bad ass pieace of hardware, but I'm not tugging on your junk. If you give me a good run I'll get you a bottle of goose. But none of that fruity shit.
    Drew..........If thats not ass kissing, I dont know what is, by the way, he likes orange goose and cran mango with a little splash of pom and a slice of orange!!!!
    For the record, the day ego man ran 150 in his boat. There was no one on the lake. It was a Monday night and if you look close at this picture you can tell that the lake was empty. That is thompson bay we are tied up in right after the infamous 150.5 speed run, ooh yeah and it was still pullin when he backed out. He waited all day Friday, Saturday, & Sunday until Monday night to finally make that run. There was minimal traffic on the lake and the water and wind was perfect for a large cat.
    I must say also that being in a boat such as a 36' Nor-Tech, Skater, MTI, or Spectre a high speed run can bring tramatic results, but the boats are built to run the speed, and do it much safer then any of the other boats manufactured in the world. If your going to go fast, real fast, one of the above four boats is your safest choice, atleast to do it safely in all water conditions (salt, fresh, ETC). Just my.02
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2441054120.jpg

DrewDown
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Three Days Only
    [B]Drew..........If thats not ass kissing, I dont know what is, by the way, he likes orange goose and cran mango with a little splash of pom and a slice of orange!!!!) Ass kissing? At least I'm not mixing the fruity drinks for him. As long as your mixing, ahh never mind, I like to mix my own.

Bling Bling
    Originally posted by Tom Slick
    Good lord, are you that hard up for a tug on your sack today or what? This is obviously a thread that you started just to brag about how fast your boat goes, but it does reveal just how stupid you are sometimes as well. To not only put the life of yourself and the 5 passengers in your boat at risk and any innocent bystanders at risk as well is pretty stupid. What would you have done if you cacked a motor or drive at that speed and hooked that sucker into oncoming traffic? Even though you think you have the boat driving/throttling skills of John Tomlinson, I doubt that you or JT could save it at those speeds. Like others have said here, save the high speed stuff for when you and a buddy are out alone and have plenty of safe water to run on.
    To answer your question: NO SPEED LIMIT..... JUST USE YOUR HEAD. A little bitch, you didn't say much when you and I were slinging bouys at a144mph. Practice what you preach. BTW, guys with no boats should keep there mouth shut, and isn't there a over the hill supercross thread you can go to.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast