Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do with a boat.......Music

STROKER ACE
    How do I start my own record label?

Mandelon
    Find a company to press them....find a recording studio and pay for the time. They will burn you as many cd's as you want to pay for...
    Distribution is going to be the hard part....you need to get someone who can get them in stores...

STROKER ACE
    recording is no prob. musicians friend has a good deal on copying and the case and cover but what about the legalities,copy right and all that shit. Just a bunch of country boys picking cotton,raisin hell and bailing hay

mirvin
    Copyrighting is pretty simple too. You need to send lyrics, recordings, and credits to the Library of Congress. I think you can get the forms on the internet but I'm not sure. Try the Lib of Cong website. This stuff should be free so don't go somewhere that makes you pay, unless you're paying your attorny to do it
    Like Madelon said, getting the stuff in a store is the hard part
    mirvin

Ultra5150
    What is it exactly you want to do? Do you have bands talready that you want to sign? Are you already managing bands?
    There are better ways of making money in the music biz than starting your own indie label.

STROKER ACE
    no its not bout $$$ we just want our own label for our own music ... want too be the pimp not the *****

STROKER ACE
    what has this site gone to Larry Flint owns hot boat and I cant write *****,hooker,harlet,commercial company,working girl,street walker .....GROW THE **** UP

STROKER ACE
    the devil is good

STROKER ACE
    what a crock

mickeyfinn
    Copyright is even easier than that. According to the copyright laws you own the rights to your music the minute you lay them to paper. You don't have to file anything, however you do have to be able to prove in the event that it is needed the date you "invented" the material.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast