Thread: FTN Pro's and Con's

BarryMac
    I am wondering about Fine Tuned Nozzles, what do they do for performance, what do the different sizes accomplish, are they worth the money? Thanks...
    gjb

BarryMac
    Bueller, bueller, bueller, anyone????
    gjb

Ken F
    Don't know what kind of boat you are running, or power or speed. All three are going to determine what if any gain you will get by changing nozzles.
    If it is an average lake boat, you are not probably going to see noticible difference.
    If you are running a heavy boat, going with a larger nozzle will usually help with the proper impeller & set-up.
    On a tunnel, or high HP boat, they are probably going to be a "tuning" aid for squeeking that last bit out.
    Ken F

BarryMac
    Thanks Ken, I am running a Carrera 202XR with the 454 and 380hp, would you suggest a FT nozzle or am I better off leaving the stock Place Diverter Nozzle alone?
    gjb

ChetCapoli
    if you already have a diverter i wouldnt suggest spending the money as it's pretty expensive for the mod. If you dont have a diverter for the extra couple dollars it's worth getting the FTN... especially if you plan on mods in the future. Then again, the aggressor is FTN standard and not an option like a place diverter.
    CHET

Ken F
    I'm not sure what your boat is, but if it's what I'm thinking, rather heavy...?
    As was mentioned above, probably not worth it if you already have your divirter.
    If you need a divirter, I'd suggest going with the Agressor nozzle, as it is standard with FTN at no extra cost.
    Since you are in N. SD Co, why dont you run it by Jack McClures place...MPD in LA and talk to Jack about it. He's a great guy, and one of the best in the country!
    Ken F

Jake W
    I had my Place turned in to a FTN and it was 100 bucks for Place to do it with the incert.They can only do it with the newer style ones with the flat bottom on the nozzel.Thats what they told me any way.
    But like Ken said MPD might be able to do it cheaper?949 631 2040
    Jake

calperf19
    I talked with tim place and he told me machining on the nozzle and I have an older place diverter was 65 bucks and the insert was 45.00 You never know what your boat will like unless you try. By the people I talked with Duane at HTP and the rd express, A big power boat with pump work likes an 3.060 nozzle insert.
    Hope this helps BK

BarryMac
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your input, at this point sounds like I am better off leaving it alone. I may get ahold of MPD though just to hear what he has to say, thansk again...
    gjb