Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Boating and racism

carbonmarine
    I personally have sent a letter into deep space to invite any universal citizen to lake havasu with me... They could be from mars, venus or wherever I dont care as long I can expose thenm to boating......
    Dude, I think you are a racist in every sense and the word and its not a bad thing at all. Its just means you are primarily focused on race for whatever reason. Its a fairly veiled left leaning approach and I wish most people could see that its plainly opens the door for future discussion of discrimiation or whatever your agenda is.
    Differnt strokes for different folks is all it amounts too and I woudl drop it there .....
    Rick32

TrojanDan
    Originally posted by Lake Pirate
    What are you doing to help alleviate the racial barrier in boating?
    Easy answer, I bring one token Caucasian (who happens to be my g/f.) with me.
    But seriously, never seen it as a problem, at least in Havasu.
    TrojanDan Mendoza <----- puro Latino

Lake Pirate
    Speaking of new boaters...I wrote this for another board.
    Lesson #1
    You are never going to learn in a Season more less a weekend. You need to learn to fake it, and not kill anybody...(I like.)
    When approaching a gas dock kill your engine at least 100 foot away. While drifting wave at other boaters and say you ran out of gas. They will throw you a line and pull you closer so you can refill. If you already have gas, once docked pretend you forgot about the "other" gas tank and smile sheepishly. Get your beer and leave...slowly.
    Lesson #2
    Backing your boat into a slip can be difficult for the saltiest dog's on the lake. There are so many factors that come into play such as wake, wind (or lack thereof) it takes tons of experience to perform deftly. You'll probably never learn this technique so here are some short cuts.
    Never, EVER attempt backing your boat in when a crowd has gathered to watch you, (due to your reputation as a hilarious diversion.) This can never go well, and most likely you will only garner a larger audience the next time. When people are looking, act like your just nosing in to grab some beer. Then... just stay. If anyone asks, tell them you were going to turn around and leave but... never got away, or (of course) complain of battery problems because you left your stereo on. When the marina clears out for the day just drift your boat out attached to a line and turn it around and pull it in backwards. (The next weekend you can brag about doing it effortlessly during gusting winds.)
    The second biggest mistake is attempting this maneuver while your passengers are hollering out instructions and in some cases, criticizing you during the maneuver. You must kill them. Kill them all, beforing continuing with the maneuver. I've seen this lead to the best parking job ever.
    The last scenario (and most dangerous) is the "Rambo Passenger" maneuver. This usually begins with a shout from the driver, "Stick your foot out!" Although this is hysterical to watch and, almost always ends badly for the "Rambo Passenger," I can't recommend it. If you insist on using this maneuver, at least give the rest of us an opportunity to fire up our video cameras before you start. Usually repurcussions are, broken legs, squashed heads, pulled muscles and funny flailing people treading water.
    Lesson #3
    Tying up along side someone at the islands or in open water is tricky at best. If you attempt this at the Islands be sure and have a first aid kit close by. Someone is surely going to hit you up side the head and make you pay for their boat. There is also the risk of harming someone standing or floating in the water. This would be a bad thing unless they are kamikaze jet skiiers. It's OK to run over them but, pretend it was an accident and try and look sad.
    If you attempt a "tie-up" along side another boat in open water make sure you have the proverbial "bow rider" passenger wear a life jacket. They WILL be getting a little swim and we want them to live for the "Rambo Passenger" maneuver when you get back to the marina. (Also bring cash to pay off the boater you definitely will hit and scratch his vessel.)
    Lesson #4
    Trolling slowly through heavily boated waters seems to be popular. An example would be idiots...er...ummm I mean... new boaters trying to drive through the mass of boaters and swimmers on North Island for the sake of gawking or getting that "perfect" parking place. Driving through marinas and launching areas also falls under "trolling" in this tutorial.
    The first thing you should know is that, it is fair for other boaters to hurl beer cans and fuel tanks at you during this maneuver. If you still insist on doing this, then here is the proper procedure. (Keep in mind you have to be an academy award winning actor to pull this off.) Like a mime you are going to have to convey a plethora of hand signals and facial expressions that cover the gamut of emotions such as, "I'm sorry, but I'm trapped because of a completely different asshole than me!" or "It's your fault, I can't believe you have an anchor line THERE?" and of course the standard "Just relax I know what I'm doing." If you can pull this off you stand a real good chance of not having the crap beat out of you until we see you later, back at the boathouse.
    Have a nice Summer! Your pal... God

OGShocker
    OK, I am making popcorn... Who would like some?

Bre
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    Now Bre, it is up to us to help those less talented, not to ridicule.
    When we are at the launch ramp... if I see them having trouble I always ask if I can help..but they are always in such aw after witnessing my backing up skills that they don't respond

Bre
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    OK, I am making popcorn... Who would like some?
    can I get some goldfish instead?

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'm with RD, why do I have to do anything about it? Anyone who wants to boat is welcome to do it and they don't need any help from me. They don't need any help from me to get into the sport of it. If they need help on the lake, you help them out since they are a fellow boater.

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by Lake Pirate
    Kinda touchy eh? Well... I was never that politically correct anywayz. Boating is still considered by many to be an elitist white man's sport (hobby.) In the past this was probably due to pure economics but in today's economy, there are many many minorities that can afford to be boaters. I know there are exceptions to every rule...but as a whole, I ain't seein' lot's of minorities out on the lake. In my opinion (note I said my opinion) the reason stems from association and not out and out racism. Most boaters I know (including myself) were exposed to boating through our family and friends. Not very many people get a wild hair and go out and buy a boat just for the heck of it. Which brings me to my point. What are you doing to help alleviate the racial barrier in boating? I personally haven't done much but, now that I've thought about it, I have many black and hispanic acquaintances that I should invite to the lake. Who knows... we may end up great friends or better yet...I could help boating.
    Thoughts?
    ..gee I thought it was because black people are scared of water.
    What am I doing to alleviate the racial barrier in boating?? (WTF?)
    Nothing...if you got a friggin boat I'll see you out there who ever the hell you are.
    Thanks for this retarded thread about nothing...

Lake Pirate
    I'm a racist? Hmmm... I dunno. Maybe? I hate muzzies right now, for sure. I never cared for arrogant people. Are they a race? Are you the amazing Kreskin or Dr Phil? I'd like an autograph and a palm reading when you get the time.

goneboatin
    It's all fun until that damn ghetto music starts blasting.
    My $.02
    GB

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast