Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: supercharging and fuel injection

cruser
    I have heard that water in the exhaust would kill the O2 sensor. How did you guys get around this? Are you running dry exhaust?
    cruzer

cdog
    Originally posted by cruser
    I have heard that water in the exhaust would kill the O2 sensor. How did you guys get around this? Are you running dry exhaust?
    cruzer
    Im running the imco powerflow plus. The water will be injected at the very end of the exhaust before it exits the boat. 02 sensor will be mounted into the stainless part of the riser on the highest possiable point.

RACER52
    This system has been great for me so far. The tuning is easy and fun to play with.
    I do believe I have killed a couple o2 sensors. But they stay dry. I think I have killed them with AV gas.
    The system appears to run without tinkering. I have been running 13-14 lbs boost since day 1 and all systems are doing their job. Run 91 octane and let ingnition system do its job. The egt's climb quick when running 91 alone but when mixed with 5 gal 110 runs perfect.
    Racer

tsnave
    Any feedback on the F.A.S.T. setup would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know Paul Pfaff and Gary Teague have had great success with Autronic.
    If anyone is interested, I have a complete ProCharger setup with twin 1K CFM throttle bodies, carbon fiber plenum and SuperChiller setup for sale.

Essex29
    Originally posted by tsnave
    Any feedback on the F.A.S.T. setup would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know Paul Pfaff and Gary Teague have had great success with Autronic.
    If anyone is interested, I have a complete ProCharger setup with twin 1K CFM throttle bodies, carbon fiber plenum and SuperChiller setup for sale.
    any better pics? how much?

GEOO
    I've run the F.A.S.T. ECU, wide band O2 and logger for 5 years, two natural and three Procharged. I like the system.

RACER52
    I have heard from my engine builder that the f.a.s.t. , outronic, and motec are the shiznit. But very $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Racer.

RACER52
    whats up with a wide band o2 sensor????
    Where do you get them and do they require a different plug? What is the difference from a 3 wire dealio?
    Racer

cdog
    Originally posted by RACER52
    whats up with a wide band o2 sensor????
    Where do you get them and do they require a different plug? What is the difference from a 3 wire dealio?
    Racer
    The wide band 02 is more accurate at high rpm's. It senses exhaust gasses at a wider area of the rpm curve.
    I belive the three wire 02 putters out around 4500-5000 rpm.
    If you run your motor on open loop this is not a big deal but if you are trying to squeeze every hp out of it you run closed loop and when you hit high rpm's you will need the accuracy of the wide band 02.
    I don't know of the name of the stand alone box that I bought for my set up but I can refer you to where I bought it from and they can tell you how to hook it up.
    Fonse Performance
    Talk to Al (the owner)
    Tell him Corey form CA sent you
    856-627-5946 They are in New Jersey
    Good Luck

Turbojack
    The wide band is a 5 wire sensor. The wide band is good from 10:1 to 15:1 or somewhere in that area. The 3 wire o2 sensor is good @ 14.7:1. It will tell you if you are richer or leaner. Since in marine uses the normal A/R is closer to 13-11.5 A/R
    In my first year with the FAST system. Still learning but seems to be good. It has the wide band O2 sensor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast