Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford warranty question

Phat Matt
    I have a 2003 Ford Excursion, 6.0 diesel 4x4, Eddie Bauer that I bought last August. On Friday the a/c went out. Luckily I wasn't on my way to Havasu and was planning on staying in town this weekend. I dropped it off at the Ford dealership Friday evening so they could work on it on Saturday. I picked it up today and the before the guy gave me my keys he asked me if I owed them anything. I said I think it should be covered under the warranty. He looked at the invoice and said I owed $146.97. I said why, the a/c isn't covered under the warranty? He said it looks like the o-rings went out so they had to replace them and recharge the system. Regular maintenance items such as hoses and brake pads aren't covered under warranty. I said I was never aware that changing your o-rings on your a/c was something like changing your oil. This guys left because he sould tell I wasn't amused. I wait to pay the finance guy and he says, why are we charging you for this? This doesn't make any sense. Your warranty should cover this. I have never seen this before. He was real cool and said just pay for it now and call the service manager in the morning. You should get reinbursed.
    Shouldn't this all be covered under my 3 year, 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty?

nextasex
    Yes it should, although I don't perform warranty repairs on Fords I do on other vehicles. Leaking o-rings is somewhat of a common problem. Factory will zap the fittings pretty tight causing the o-rings to tear and leak. Good luck!!
    Frank

fourspeednup
    he says, why are we charging you for this? This doesn't make any sense. Your warranty should cover this. I have never seen this before. He was real cool and said just pay for it now and call the service manager in the morning. You should get reinbursed.
    I worked at a shady repair facility for a short time and our service manager(a real sheister) would say things almost exactly like that to customers just to get YOUR $$$ and YOU off the lot. Hopefully this is just a mix up and you'll get your $$$ back.
    BTW---those o-rings in the AC system are not a wear item

Dr. Eagle
    That's BS... that should be a warranty item...
    others have said it... orings are not a maintenance item any more than the head gasket...

Phat Matt
    I figured as much. I will talk to the manager in the morning. I am pretty confident they will give me my money back but the guy telling me his bs story pissed me off.
    I'll let everyone know what happens tomorrow. And if it's bad, I'll post the dealership too.

Kachina26
    Get a free oil change. Were you down the hill?

Jrocket
    Make sure they know your not happy about the mishap either.They're supposed to know their job!

Phat Matt
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    Get a free oil change. Were you down the hill?
    Yes I was. I still have to take it back in this week for them to reprogam the computer. It's a factory ordered thing for the diesels. I wonder if they will charge me for that too?

Jrocket
    Originally posted by Phat Matt
    Yes I was. I still have to take it back in this week for them to reprogam the computer. It's a factory ordered thing for the diesels. I wonder if they will charge me for that too?
    If its running good now,you might not want to take it in for a reflash.And no they wont charge you for it.

tisfortexas
    Reflash horror stories from hell : thedieselstop.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast