Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds Closing Registers

burtandnancy
    On our way to and from the river/lake, Nancy & I like a cup of senior coffee and a McMuffin. We've noticed lately that where ever we stop; Barstow, Boulder City, Havasu City, Needles, Quartsite or others, only one cash register is open regardless of the time or the length of line. I saw a lot of people standing around behind the counter so I asked if there was a manager there. A suite stepped forward and I asked the question about the slow service and he confirmed that its a new policy, only 1 register to be open. I gave him my opinion (politely) and he agreed with me, but said its now the rule, thanked me for my input and said he would pass it up the ladder.
    I forgot to ask if the policy was franchise, regional or nation wide. But as I left I did tell him I was going down the street (theres always something there) and he said he didn't blame me.
    Anyone else notice or will you admit going to McD's? I still remember when they were considered fast food...

dicudmore
    oh ya.....
    I went to one in Henderson sat morning before the LVHB dealio...
    figuring on grabbing a quick bite..
    ya right. Could have gone to smith's, bought all the stuff, gone back home and cooked quicker. We were there every bit of 30 minutes from line to pick up, on a to go order......

RiverDave
    If you want to talk about B.S. the Carls Jr. over by my work doesn't even have cash registers anymore!!! They have these things that are like ATM's that you walk up to and you order via touch screen etc.. It sucks your money up and spits out the change etc...
    RD

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    If you want to talk about B.S. the Carls Jr. over by my work doesn't even have cash registers anymore!!! They have these things that are like ATM's that you walk up to and you order via touch screen etc.. It sucks your money up and spits out the change etc...
    RD
    "State Of The Art"

Ziggy
    The MickeyD's by my house has got to be the fastest drive thru I ever use....Order, pay at 1st window, half the time your food is hanging out the 2nd window waiting for you...
    Just went to the Parker Mc'D's on the way home yesterday, not only did the order process and actually getting my food take a good 15-20 minutes but I nearly crapped my pants on the way home...something amiss with the food.

spectras only
    I don't go to MD too often ,but since you've mentioned it, it's the same trend up here as well. It seems like, only the slow traffic ones doing it .

RiverDave
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    The MickeyD's by my house has got to be the fastest drive thru I ever use....Order, pay at 1st window, half the time your food is hanging out the 2nd window waiting for you...
    Just went to the Parker Mc'D's on the way home yesterday, not only did the order process and actually getting my food take a good 15-20 minutes but I nearly crapped my pants on the way home...something amiss with the food.
    Man you aren't lieing about that.. That has to be the worst Mickey D's on the planet.. The taco bell right next door isn't any better.
    RD

goneboatin
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    That McD's in Parker sucks so bad, not only does the food take forever, the girl (?) behind the register just stands there and lets the line grow before she takes another order. I don't know about the pants crapping, but my wife's had the squirts today - must have been a bad big mac.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by goneboatin
    That McD's in Parker sucks so bad, not only does the food take forever, the girl (?) behind the register just stands there and lets the line grow before she takes another order. I don't know about the pants crapping, but my wife's had the squirts today - must have been a bad big mac.
    Big-n-Tasty I had....I had to drive over the weight sensor 3 times in the drivethru before I got answered---should have been my clue right there....no mas Parker MD's for this fellow. I'll just go back to walking into Safeway for a fresh deli sandwich.

HighRoller
    Couldn't be nearly as bad as the Carl's Jr in Needles! 20 minute wait for a cold hamburger, limp fries and watered down iced tea. Figured they were having a bad day so went back again for more. This time the floor was so dirty you were kicking trash and the restroom had a pile of trash a foot high in the corner because nobody had cleaned it in days! I turned around and dragged my friends out the door. Anyone tried the new In-N-Out in Laughlin yet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast