Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good, bad, and fugly.

Blown 472
    Good, a blown motor that runs hard and was built on the cheap.
    Bad, Pins on cams and degree bushings that break.
    Fugly, Loosing the cam gear right when you are pulling second gear a 6500 rpm.
    I haven't pulled the valve covers yet for fear, but the ol mule is down. If it is a complete loss then bigger and better and mo boost next time around.

HammerDown
    At least you can smile about it.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by HammerDown
    At least you can smile about it.
    OH yeah, no big, I am amazed it lasted this long. It was cheapo mule thrown together so I can cut my teeth on a blown motor.

LakesOnly
    yo Assclown Troll,
    Which motor we be talkin' about here?
    LO

Blown 472
    The 440 in my car. The boat is a single four 8.3 to 1 motor that will run on 87 all day and haul my fat ass up and down the river.

LakesOnly
    Sorry to hear it. I had a friend lose a pin once...Crower cam. Lost all the exhaust valves.
    I am taking posession of my Brother's 1970 Barracuda with a 383, cleaning it up and putting it on Ebay.
    LO

Blown 472

Blown 472
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Sorry to hear it. I had a friend lose a pin once...Crower cam. Lost all the exhaust valves.
    I am taking posession of my Brother's 1970 Barracuda with a 383, cleaning it up and putting it on Ebay.
    LO
    The cam is junk, nose of it is smoked. I am going to get a three bolt cam ground at Howards as they are 30 mins away from me. Cam will be similar to what I have in there now. If the valves are bent then I can put some stainless in there and might redo the short block depends on what I find.
    70 huh? four gear? I got a line on a 63 lincoln hard top, suicide doors.
    What are you axin for tha cuda?

78Eliminator
    Maybe you can build a shivvey now!

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    The cam is junk, nose of it is smoked. I am going to get a three bolt cam ground at Howards as they are 30 mins away from me. Cam will be similar to what I have in there now. If the valves are bent then I can put some stainless in there and might redo the short block depends on what I find.
    70 huh? four gear? I got a line on a 63 lincoln hard top, suicide doors.
    What are you axin for tha cuda?
    I really like that satin black car of yours.
    The E-Body Barracuda was an original 318 car, an early one built in '69. The 383HP/727/Sure-Grip that was put into it came from his 1971 2-Dr Satellite Kansas Highway Patrol car. It will go for less than 10G...can't believe what even non-correct Mopars go for these days.
    Almost landed a 1963 Conti with suicide doors myself. Next time you check it out, take a good look at that gear-driven power steering pump bolted to the block.
    LO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast