Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don Pedro or Melones...

Ntwotrance
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    What is the status on the boat now?
    Did Wilkes ever get ahold of you?
    I think Monday July 5th at Elsinore might be a good day. High speed zone on the weekdays, and most people will be at work.
    still only running on the one tank..never heard from Wilkes, so going to hook up the meters to the system and try to locate the problem, hopefully have it all back together that weekend

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by Ntwotrance
    still only running on the one tank..never heard from Wilkes, so going to hook up the meters to the system and try to locate the problem, hopefully have it all back together that weekend
    That sucks, seems Wilkes doesnt want the business, they cant be that busy and even if they were, can atleast tell you. It is weird how you have a switch for tanks, I dont know how ours is, but it draws from both automatically with no switching over.

Cas
    On my 21' Tahiti, I tried removing the manual switch to have it draw off both tanks, wouldn't do it. I replaced the switch and it ran fine so long as I had it on one tank or the other.....not both.
    What's the problem?
    btw, our Don Pedro trip might be pushed back to the 17-18 due to a conflict. Better yet, gives you more time
    I'll let you know.

Ntwotrance
    Originally posted by Cas
    On my 21' Tahiti, I tried removing the manual switch to have it draw off both tanks, wouldn't do it. I replaced the switch and it ran fine so long as I had it on one tank or the other.....not both.
    What's the problem?
    btw, our Don Pedro trip might be pushed back to the 17-18 due to a conflict. Better yet, gives you more time
    I'll let you know.
    glad I read this before I called the folks...I'll give it a few more days before I tell them when we'll be there. the problem right now is as of the last trip, I can only draw on the left tank. I tried to draw off the right, and nothing. so, i've either got a faulty switch, bad pump, or some serious blockage in the line....process of elmination today...

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Cas
    What's the problem?
    I'll let you know.
    When one tank is empty it will suck air. it will draw fuel via the path of least resistance so the tanks will not necessarily draw at the same time. Two tank setup won't work without a switch.
    We had a similar situation with a cell site where I had the site running on generator. The propane guy explained the same situation exactly the same. He said multiple tanks, with gaseous or liquid fuel will need to be switched...

dmontzsta
    I really wonder how our dual tank set up works. I want to look in to it more now. I know one tank draws SLIGHTLY more fuel than the other, but no switch.
    Doug: Look at it this way, you still have a full right tank of gas.

Ntwotrance
    I really wonder how our dual tank set up works. I want to look in to it more now. I know one tank draws SLIGHTLY more fuel than the other, but no switch.
    Doug: Look at it this way, you still have a full right tank of gas.
    just bring a siphon hose...:yuk: I should be able to tear into it. i thought I'd get to it today, but my daughters b/f showed up, and being the concerned parent I am, I'm not giving them a second alone...Clinton is in there bugging them now, then I'll take over for a few hours until they get tired of it...

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by Ntwotrance
    just bring a siphon hose...:yuk: I should be able to tear into it. i thought I'd get to it today, but my daughters b/f showed up, and being the concerned parent I am, I'm not giving them a second alone...Clinton is in there bugging them now, then I'll take over for a few hours until they get tired of it...
    haha, nice! good job...

Ntwotrance
    haha, nice! good job...
    a dad has to do what a dad has to do... and it worked by the way...

sam pioske
    Guys make up your minds on Don Pedro so we can join you !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast