Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best route to Laramie Wyoming?

TheEduKATor
    I know this really isn't boating related, but the boards have been very helpful to me in the past so I wanted to see if I could get some input. We are making a little trip to Laramie, Wyoming and I'm towing my brother's car. I've never made the drive before and not familiar with the terrain or elevation. Does anyone have any info on what would be the best route there for towing. We are thinking of either the 15 into Utah then the 80 though Wyoming or the 15 to the 70 through Utah and Colorado then up the 25 to the 80 into Wyoming. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Eagle
    Personally I'd just go up 15 to around provo, Heber City I think it is and cut over to I-80, then just take that to Laramie. I don't think the detour into Colorado would gain you much at all...

Boozer
    I know it's none of my business but I'm curious. what are you going to Laramie for?

Dr. Eagle
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20/1152007.jpg
    Maybe he just needs some space...

Phat Matt
    Originally posted by Boozer
    I know it's none of my business but I'm curious. what are you going to Laramie for?
    His Bro is going to school there.

Sleek-Jet
    I would head up 15 to Barstow, then take 40 East, when you get to Needles, STOP!!! spend a few days at the river, then go home.
    Make up excuse as to why you didn't show up.

HighRoller
    Keep it simple if you're towing. 15 to Salt Lake and 80 East. Stay the hell away from I-70 East unless you want to spend night and day climbing two 10,000ft mountains and traversing 6-8% grades! Not towing friendly, even though it is a "short cut".

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    Keep it simple if you're towing. 15 to Salt Lake and 80 East. Stay the hell away from I-70 East unless you want to spend night and day climbing two 10,000ft mountains and traversing 6-8% grades! Not towing friendly, even though it is a "short cut".
    I am not so sure it is a "shortcut" taking 70 at all. I just did a Mapquest request for driving directions for the "shortest route" and it came up with I-15 to I-80. You are right, 70 is a tough tow route.

Wicky
    Take a look at the 93N (just outside of Vegas) instead of taking the 15N all the way to the 80. There is a ton of construction on the 15 going through Salt Lake that you might want to avoid.
    The 93 is a kick ass highway. Easy towing when there isn't snow. No construction as of a couple of months ago. Besides, you might see a UFO going through area 51.
    Mow,
    Wicky

CARGUY
    I have made the run between here and Denver several times and I am in agreement with what everyone has said. Take 80 across it is better than 70. 70 between Grand Junction and Glenwood Springs is o.k., but from Glenwood Springs to Denver is a mo**** fu****.
    Good luck!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast