Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lake Anna Again

HammerDown
    I remember the 1'st year there. I visited a few really nice deep water coves down towards the south end. I'll be heading that way again for sure (if I get down there) that is.

drysumpjet
    To All: A very good friend of mine, Jack Weller (he doesn't do computers), ask me to extend his offer of the use of his place as an outstanding hangout spot, possibly in leu of Pigeon Run. Some of us hung out at his place for a while at the first Anna BOTE. His place is located between Dikes 1 and 2 on the Louisa County side, behind several small islands. From High Point Marina or Stergeon Creek, go South past the Power Plant, pass Dike 1 and maybe a mile on the right. Another way to landmark this spot is as your leaving Duke's Creek, or Duke's Creek Marina(on the Spotsylvania County side), Jack's place is directly across the lake, (Louisa County side)
    There is some nice flat water there, and a great sandy beach for the little ones to build sand castles. The beach area water does not get the huge wakes as associated with Pigeon Run, and the bottom there is not near as muddy either. His place can be identified by his house, a log house with a green roof and can be seen from the main lake. His lot is on a penisula shared by another friend (loud boat friendly) which is the huge white house next door(north) of Jack's. Generally speaking, Jack's neighbors are loud boat friendly as we have had many loud boat gatherings there over the years.
    A little background on Jack Weller: His boat is a green Stealth, named "Jacks Green Machine". It has been apart for a year (mainly due to his wife's illness and death). He is back on track now and his boat should be running this weekend. It's powered by a blown alcohol injected motor that did 1500 HP on the dyno. Should be a site to see it make passes.

supersoaker509
    drysumpjet, I like that idea of the sand. Sounds better than the mud that we've been standing in. The sandy beach is a lot better then standing in the water all the time. Calmer water less traffic its got my vote. Is there a ramp close to that spot for the boats that have a small fuel cell?

supersoaker509
    Originally posted by jellomama
    Our boat is ready to rock and roll ( no pun intended) as of today with the help of Sleekcraft. I'm soooooooooooo ready
    Glad to hear your sooooooooo ready for some rock and roll fun.

Wetter the Better
    We will be there. With boat this time. Finally got in running!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! Just needed a bigger power valve and some bigger jets. Is there another thread posted for events and a final list of everyone that is coming??? Can't seem to find it. Can't wait to see everyone again!!!

Lady Warhawk
    Originally posted by supersoaker466
    drysumpjet, I like that idea of the sand. Sounds better than the mud that we've been standing in. The sandy beach is a lot better then standing in the water all the time. Calmer water less traffic its got my vote. Is there a ramp close to that spot for the boats that have a small fuel cell?
    I second that vote. We'll have to follow someone who know's where this place is, as we're not familiar with this lake.
    kewl friends

Lady Warhawk
    Originally posted by supersoaker466
    Glad to hear your sooooooooo ready for some rock and roll fun.
    Hope I don't embarrass myself or hub :eek!:
    This will be my first time on the boat since June.

wideopen545
    Thu
    Jul 29 Partly Cloudy 83°/70° 20 %
    Fri
    Jul 30 Isolated T-Storms 84°/70° 30 %
    Sat
    Jul 31 Isolated T-Storms 87°/71° 30 %
    Sun
    Aug 01 Scattered T-Storms 86°/71° 30 %
    Mon
    Aug 02 Isolated T-Storms 84°/71° 30 %
    Tue
    Aug 03 AM Clouds / PM Sun 85°/70° 20 %
    Wed
    Aug 04 Partly Cloudy 90°/69° 10 %
    Thu
    Aug 05 Scattered T-Storms 87°/66° 30 %
    Fri
    Aug 06 Scattered Showers 85°/67° 30

drysumpjet
    Hey supersoaker, as far as a boatramp, Jack's place has got that too! The closest commercial boatramp is directly across the lake at Dukes Creek Marina, may a mile or 2 away.

miketsouth
    Hey Joe, this sound good. Look to seein you so youz can show me how a dry sump works.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast