Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #6 drive cost?

Jrocket
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    Break out the plutonium card!

Larry said he takes them too!

Bling Bling
    Jrocket, If you are really thinking of doing this, It would be worth your wild to call Pat at traction products. He has his own version of a #6, It's lighter, holds more HP and has less drag in the water. I also think he has a way in his set up where you would not have to move the motor as far forward as mentioned earlier. Gary Smiths 40 skater just got fitted with his drives and what I hear is it works and looks great, and he will continue to mop everyones ass at the poker runs in Havasu! BTW, Skater 40, if you read this, some friends of mine are shooting a movie on Havasu over the summer, my boat, 3DOs Spectre, and a few DCBs are doing some boat footage next friday. They ask me If I new of any Skaters that would be intrested, and I mentioned you. He has a helicopter rented, as well as some on board cameras, are you game. It sounds pretty legit, but will see if my buddies can put there mouths up with there asses. I hear there sporting cocktails and dinner at Shagrus for the guys with the boats, but it will probably turn into big macks and shakes at Mcdonalds when they get the camera bills for the day. Will see, the one guy was over at d-row this weekend drunk talking about how much money he makes, so lets see if his alligator mouth, can out shine his canary ass.

Reaper1
    Originally posted by Bling Bling
    Will see, the one guy was over at d-row this weekend drunk talking about how much money he makes, so lets see if his alligator mouth, can out shine his canary ass.
    Skully - Drunk talking, C'mon.

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by Reaper1
    Skully - Drunk talking, C'mon.
    Understatment!!!!!!!!
    Reap, the boat looks sweet..... Did you have fun...

Reaper1
    Thanks Man! Nice seeing all you guys. Had a blast and can't wait to get back. Daughters B-day is this weekend but we'll be out the 17th, 18th.

andy01
    I have thought about it as well. And looked into it. It is best to start over. I was thinking of a repower and drive change in my Mach. But for what I would spend selling my drive and building a new motor with a #6 I would be better off selling it and starting over. I am going to talk to Gary about an Arneson drive. I don't know much about them, but hear they can take the hp.
    Andy

Three Days Only
    Originally posted by racingrascal
    I have thought about it as well. And looked into it. It is best to start over. I was thinking of a repower and drive change in my Mach. But for what I would spend selling my drive and building a new motor with a #6 I would be better off selling it and starting over. I am going to talk to Gary about an Arneson drive. I don't know much about them, but hear they can take the hp.
    Andy
    Arnesons are nicked named Kiddie Kutters, and for good reasons!!!! #6's are the best drive bar none for larger boats, and seem to run exceptionally well on the F-29, but under 30' I think your better off looking at the #5's especially if your lacking transom area and room.

WetWillie
    Anyone got a shot of a #5??
    What hp are they rated to!
    I got quoted $30k for a new one whats a new #5 cost?
    WW

Three Days Only
    http://www.mercurymarine.com/uploads...SMRdrive_d.gif
    Features & Benefits
    Contains all the qualities and features as the III-A SSM Drive.
    Larger vertical bearings in the upper housing.
    Larger driveshaft splines and pinion bearings.
    Larger propshaft with rear loading, for increased strength.
    Uses same transom assembly as the III-A SSM drive.
    Input ratings are 750 HP and up to 750 foot pounds of torque.
    Overall installation height is 6" shorter than the III-A SSM Drive. This allows the engine to be mounted lower in the boat resulting in a better center of gravity. The gearcase is mounted higher on the transom resulting in better performance.
    Drive-line and plug-in models available.
    Spacers are available to lower drive unit up to 3" in 1" increments.
    Gear ratios: (RH or LH) 1:1, 1.18:1, 1.33:1, 1.48:1 or 1.62:1.
    Cost approx 17K with gimbal
    Figuring that the input rating is 750HP, it should hold 800-900 Hp no problem. The guys at Teague said for my boat, this was the way to go, and with my 800EFI's it would last a long time.

Jrocket
    I need to call Dave and get some ideas.
    Those #5 props look bad ass....and pricey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast