Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place diverter slow ?

FOMOCO76
    I have a hydraulic controlled Place diverter and it is very slow probably 7 sec. from up to down . Is this normal ? also to get the pump to work this season I had to hit the electric motor with a hammer . motor's going bad . what would the solution to my problem : rebuild hyd pump and replace motor , or the whole unit , or just swap the whole works out for a cable and lever ?

riverbound
    One of my buddies had the same problem with his and it ended up being the pump. He sent the pump to bennett and they replaced with a new one, I don't remember how much but it was a lot less then buying a new one.

bgodfrey6
    There is also another option; you can put on a CO-2 bottle and cylinder that would actuate the diverter but that is something we do for the 1/4 mile guys! It might not be feasable for an allday outing without taking along a bigger tank for refills!

Sleek26
    Well lets see, the motor is going bad, so I hit it with a hammer rather than fix or replace it. Bot, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to fix that problem. Any ideas guys??

JustMVG
    I have a Hydro Diverter and when mine got to feeling like it was slow i drained the hyd fluid and cleaned the resevoir, refilled it and have had no probs ... yet. Mike VG

cave
    Bennett exchanged mine for the price of postage. I just had to send the old one back at my cost + insurance. The pump was under warranty. 2 Years I think is the time frame from new. Oh, no questions asked.
    Before I sent the old one in I notice a small crack on the bottom of the fluid tank. That was all it was. I had the new one so I sent the old one in anyways.
    I also checked my line I had a small pinhole in the down line. this also had affect the pumps fluid level. Loose fittings, old fluid, Hammer may also creat a problem.
    FOMOCO76, how long have you had the Pump?

FOMOCO76
    let me rephrase the question , is 7 sec. slow or is this normal speed for a place diverter . my question is about the normal operation of a place diverter . this thing was slow 3 years ago before I had to beat on it with a hammer . also checked volage to be normal 12 volts , thanks for your input

LVjetboy
    Well, mine's about 2-2.5 seconds full travel no load, I just posted that a couple weeks ago. Maybe 3 seconds under load. And JoeB posted (in that same thread) Cp performance rated the diverter at 2 seconds full travel.
    So seven seconds? Ya, I guess you could call that slow...and not normal.
    jer

FOMOCO76
    Thanks jer , I just didn't want to replace the whole unit and find it only to be 1 sec, faster .

Unchained
    FOMOCO76,
    Did you ever buy that Eliminator scorpion V drive hull or is it still sitting in the field?
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast