Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: STV EURO Wanted

XstreamXT
    The bottoms of the STV's have very little change. The Mod Vp or race bottom just has a slightly different center pad that lets it settle in the water better for corners. I hear that the Ski bottom is slightly better for chop. Some say that they cant tell the difference in the two.
    15-16 k is a reasonable price for a good condition Euro with a fresh 2.5 . I have had multipul sellers trying to get 20k fo a nice boat with a worn out motor, And most will admit there motor needs new rings and pistons. At a cost of 2k for a decent rebuild. I would not pay over 12-13k for a boat that will need a new motor very soon. I have seen Many Nice Euro's with fresh 2.5's on S&F that have sold in the past year for 12-14k. I think I will just wait for the right one to come along. I tried to call Wally at Triad to talk about getting a new boat, but the shop is on vacation for the next week. For a few thousand more I can get a new boat with major inprovements over the last few years.
    Wanted STV Euro.
    Lance

hpron
    Wally is back from vacation..was over there yesterday...he will be leaving Friday for the weekend to head to the ODBA drag racers....FYI..I have a Talon 21 with a 300 Promax that was just listed on S/F in the over 20ft hulls.....later Ron

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by XstreamXT
    I think I will just wait for the right one to come along.
    Lance
    Patience is always the best bet when shopping the used market.

Scream And Fly.com
    I can tell you that Helmut and I have many, many hours of experience with the Euro, and we've put it through more punishment than most boats see in a lifetime. Our boat shows no signs of stress whatsoever. We closely watch for it too.
    Like all STV boats, it's not an ideal rough water boat, but it will handle pretty snotty water quite well. Lance, if you're seeing whitecaps on your waterways, I would reconsider and get something larger.
    We ran our STV Euro at 122 mph with both of us aboard and it rides like a Caddy. I think it's a very well balanced boat.
    Our top speed with the Sportmaster was 128.9 mph.
    I hope this helps - just my observations.
    Greg

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by Scream And Fly.com
    I can tell you that Helmut and I have many, many hours of experience with the Euro, and we've put it through more punishment than most boats see in a lifetime. Our boat shows no signs of stress whatsoever. We closely watch for it too.
    Like all STV boats, it's not an ideal rough water boat, but it will handle pretty snotty water quite well. Lance, if you're seeing whitecaps on your waterways, I would reconsider and get something larger.
    We ran our STV Euro at 122 mph with both of us aboard and it rides like a Caddy. I think it's a very well balanced boat.
    Greg
    Whats with the " our " crap, or are you hitched to Helmut? Sucks never less Greg......( . )( . ).....

Wicky
    Originally posted by Scream And Fly.com
    Greg
    I've seen some of this guys observations. He lies and covers shit up!!! And then the Fly's swarm all over it!!!
    Thats just my opinion and I could be wrong but, I know I'm right!!
    Mow,
    Wicky

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by Wicky
    I've seen some of this guys observations. He lies and covers shit up!!! And then the Fly's swarm all over it!!!
    Thats just my opinion and I could be wrong but, I know I'm right!!
    Mow,
    Wicky
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...........( . )( . )...

XstreamXT
    WICKY What lie's and covering up are You refering to ?? Can you back up your acusations ?
    Lance

Wicky
    Just believe the "could be wrong" part of my rant. It is much easier that way.
    Mow,
    Wicky

Scream And Fly.com
    Do tell Wicky. I would like to know too - it's news to me.
    Greg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast