Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 31' Warlock cat

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
    I was wondering what yall thought about the 31 warlock cats? How do they do in rough water? Do they hunt at slower speeds(35-40mph)? and any other things you think of would be great. I have a 1991 25' that I have had since it was new and will keep it I just want a mid size cat that I can stand up and drive. Thanks Again

HP350SC
    There is one in this area with #6 drives on it. Has seen 131 mph if I remember correctly. I think he had some porpoise issues around 100, but might be due to the weight of the drives. I'll let you know how it runs and handles as he should be in the Portland Poker run this weekend.

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
    Thanks, that would be great. I am not going to be running that much power probably two 650's max. All I want it to do is run around 100mph as this will be the "family" boat. I found some test info in the ***boat test archive and a 99 model ran 98mph with two 500efi's. Thanks Again

HP350SC
    Here's a picture last year......

HP350SC
    drives.....

DogHouse
    I posted this in your other thread too, but another boat to consider is the Magic 34 Cat. It is gorgeous and has a ton of room down below in the cabin, even has a head. Big swim deck out back makes it very family friendly if that's what you're looking for. They have a websight (www.magicpowerboats.com) with some pics if you're interested. I'm not crazy about the graphics on the one they have pictured, but I've seen a couple others out at Havasu that looked great.
    -brian

MATTRSMAN
    ONE SUGGESTION ON ANY LARGE CAT YOU BUY, SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY THE DANA MONSTER ONE PIECE TAB. ON MY 36' I CAN GET ON PLANE BETTER THAN A "V" AND I AM RUNNING 1.3:1 RATIO DRIVES WITH A 35 PITCH FOUR BLADE CLEAVER. I CAN ALSO, WITH THE TAB DOWN, RUN AT 1800-2000 RPMS RIGHT AROUND 25 MPH. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE, I THINK, IS YOU CANNOT LEVEL THE BOAT BUT LEAVING ONE DOWN OR UP.

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    I posted this in your other thread too, but another boat to consider is the Magic 34 Cat. It is gorgeous and has a ton of room down below in the cabin, even has a head. Big swim deck out back makes it very family friendly if that's what you're looking for. They have a websight (www.magicpowerboats.com) with some pics if you're interested. I'm not crazy about the graphics on the one they have pictured, but I've seen a couple others out at Havasu that looked great.
    -brian
    Thanks Brian,
    If you dont mind me asking what do the 34's generally go for?

DogHouse
    Originally posted by Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
    Thanks Brian,
    If you dont mind me asking what do the 34's generally go for?
    I think the initial price on the first ones last year was something like $130k for the basic 496 motors. I could be off on that, so best to check current pricing with Magic. I'm sure once you add some HP and upgraded drives, steering, etc, it's gonna climb up towards $200k pretty quickly. Unfortunately that seems normal these days... too rich for me! Think I'll be sticking with my lil' single engine 28.

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    I think the initial price on the first ones last year was something like $130k for the basic 496 motors. I could be off on that, so best to check current pricing with Magic. I'm sure once you add some HP and upgraded drives, steering, etc, it's gonna climb up towards $200k pretty quickly. Unfortunately that seems normal these days... too rich for me! Think I'll be sticking with my lil' single engine 28.

Thats the problem, I am not looking to spend near that much I want to stay south of of 100K.
    Anybody know of any 31' Warlocks for sale?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast