Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who makes Good Speakers and Head Unit???

survey76
    I agree with you about the Eclipse stuff. I installed a set of 6.5" Point Source speakers in the back of my truck and later replaced the front speakers with a set of Focal seperates, and I was honestly more impressed with the cheaper Eclipse speakers. I ended up running nothing but Eclipse in the new boat after that.
    -Dan

K9Blitz
    Agreed. Great sound.
    I have a pair of 6.5''s Point Sources on the rear doors of my Tahoe, with Eclipse components on the front. Sub in the back...two Eclipse amps.
    I had a Ford super duty crew cab that I put 4 5x7 point sources in with a 10" sub and it also sounded great.
    I will be hooking up the boat point source 6x9's this week. I am excited.

riverbound
    Have you done the point source in a boat before? I have not had very much success with them in a boat, the tweeters are too subtle for an open environment.

K9Blitz
    Have not done the Point Source in a boat. Since I am not doing a sub in the boat, I wanted a speaker that can handle the power from the existing Rockford amp and sound good doing it. If the set-up lacks high-end, I figured it would be easier to add tweeters since there won't be a sub.
    I've had both my vehicle's systems with the point source cranked up while parked with all the doors, windows and hatch open and was still impressed with the point source. I know that's not exactly like the boat environment, but if it performs like that in the boat then I'll be happy.
    I know what you are saying because of the silk dome tweeter on the point source. Hopefully, I'll report back with good news!

riverbound
    Let me know how they work out.

K9Blitz
    Riverbound,
    Thanks for the scoop. Keeping in mind what you said about he high-end on the Point Source in a boat application, I decided to install only one pair under the bench seat in the back and keep the Alpine 3-ways on the sides. Perfect combo. I think I'll eventually replace the Alpine's with the Eclipse 6x9 3-way's.
    The point source's put out great mid's and bass and make up for lack of motivation to install a sub.

riverbound
    No problem,let me know if you have any more question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12