We'll..I made a huge mistake...Ran some bad gas...462 12lbs of boost from a banks turbo set up and ran it..I spun it up to about 6800! I heard a some spark knock shut it down...It knocked only under load! Gettin on plane! Broght it home drained the gas..put in 110! Ran it same thing...under load a knock! Pulled the plugs #5 had some pepper on the plug! Pulled the push rods
on that side and some are very slightly bent...The exhaust on 7 is bent a lil more than the rest! I mean I roll then and barely a wobble...The boat didnt backfire, idled fine..I gave it a lil romp and the knock got worse! I shut it down! Would detonation cause pustrods to bent or did I over rev it and Hit valves?? Tommorrow I am gonna try a new set of pushrods and check compression! All of the plugs look good except 5 and it is slightly grey with some pepper! The oil pressure is good and the motor seemed to run fine untill load!?? If I floted the a valve or valves...can it be done without smoking them or should I pull her down Now! The springs in the book say they are good to 6500...and I rang it up a few times this year to 7000 2nd to third gear...not knowing eeeek! Any advice would be appreciated!! I know...Not the smartest way to learn!!