Thread: Need more speed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey thanks for the reply, I set up the carb myself and the butterfly's are opening fully, I do have vacuum secondaries, they too are opening fully, as I had someone drive it full throttle whilst I checked, I even pushed on the secondary diaphragm linkage while running wide open to make sure they didn't open any further, its runnin full tilt. Im in San Diego near lakeside, I actually had to have the pump replaced with the same because the old one was so froze together they couldn't get the u joint off of the input shaft to get the thing apart. The work was done at JP marine in lakeside. I called him, he wants me to double check my rpms again and go from there. I have doubts about the tac that's in it, but my ear doesn't lie. There's no way that motor is turning anywhere near 4500 to 5000. I asked JP marine once before and he said they put a standard impeller in it. That doesn't tell me anything,,, I'm going to give them a call again. I had the motor rebuilt at Ricks machine in lakeside, they're good guys. The timing is at 32 degrees advanced throttled up. As high as it can go im told.. flame thrower coil, no ballast resistor, new plugs. 2 batteries so I can start it advanced. Should I always run premium in it? How much of a difference is it.... I don't think I had premium in it my last run first of november.
    Last edited by rick1964; 12-23-2012 at 07:37 PM.