Sorry Poser, the "He/she with the most marbles wins" has been, and will be, the American way. There are factors driving our government from outside. ie: big oil, banks, greenpeace, agriculture/farming, and a host of smaller interests with the funds to influence the weak kneed morons that always seem to end up in the wrong places, and make the wrong decisions. From war to foriegn aid, to secret government funding of un desirable projects. We the people are stuck in a rut of inability to make changes, and an inability to change that!! I do not have a speel about "party affiliation" because it is usually the "lesser" of two evils in the voting booth. Which brings up another point. When "none of the above" was put on the ballot it was designed to eliminate both, or all, canidates. But the politicians arranged it so all that did was nulify that vote, even if "none of the above" got the most votes, we're still stuck with the next in line.
When this country was founded, and laws and procedures inacted, the elected person was held accountable by the people that elected him. In todays areana, the "elected" is out of touch and out of reach of those they represent. Sure we can write to them, e mail them, call their office, and be ignored......It was much harder for an "elected" to ignore a mob with a rope!!!! It would seem we have the cyberspace superhighway to work with, and should be able to barrage the "elected" eaiser than before with e mails. But one little threat, like "get your act together and do what you were elected to do or else", will get you a set of matching bracelets as a "terrorist threat".....As I recall, the "proposistion process" used to require 2/3rds vote to pass. The "elected" decided 50% was enough to enact laws and policies. Why not 50% to recall the "elected". And do it TOMORROW.. Oh and one more thing I want to rant about.........Bi lingual ballots. 1st, you have to be a citizen to vote, agreed?....2nd, to be a citizen you MUST read and write and understand ENGLISH, agreed?.....So someone please explain to me why we need ballots in other than ENGLISH??? I think this should be high on the peoples list of wrongs that need to be righted, TOMORROW!!....Rant over, MP