Ok then,
I am looking for a bare bones boat. A floater if you will. No power for sure. Intake and pump set, I don't need the billet pump setup. Just a regular Legend or Berk split bowl. This will just be an avarage lake boat. Whatever bottom you recommend, no teflon keel or the fancy jizz.
I'll do my own interior, motor installation and final rigging. All I am looking for is the basic setup, the critical rigging(pump, intake, transom adapter, steering), and I will finish it off the rest.
Or to make it real simple, a price for a bare bones hull with a pump installed.
Brian
Ill answer here, nothing to hide.
Weights are very hard to quote for a few reasons.
Typically our "go fast boats" are far from 'standard'
Do you want a tunnel, a sport? QT keel? plastic bow? There are a ton of options that make almost every boat we build different. Also remember our race boats have the weight of all the safety gear, roll bars etc. I think you'd be surprised how little weight difference there is from race to pleasure. Its also more than just weight its bottom design, intake etc etc
If you can narrow it down I'd be happy to find out for you or even send you our build sheets with options and pricing for a given hull. They aren't cheap but they perform very well, last and hold value extremely well. Try to find an available used one!
I don't want to hijack the thread into a sales pitch, my point is only that SB's can definatly work in jetboats and offer great perfomance and affordability. We obviously build BB powered boats too, often. But if you pay attention to setup SB's work very well too. Like I said above our ZZ4 boat was not even turning 5K
For general comparison a turn key lightweight FX boat like the red/yellow boat shown with a ZZ4 on a trailer is about $56K cnd (~$50K usd) thats with canards and ballast tank(canards got ripped off in a class 4 rapid in that race hehe) That includes all the race gear, seats, harnesses, cage etc
Cheers