Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STIFF steering cables.....any EZ fix?...

snappertapper
    they are not the seastar systems they are hynautics which i like just as much but they are side mount the seastar i can get for like $565

ratso
    Hynautics? I'll have to check on those. I have always dealt with Teleflex until a problem with a 2.6 and found out I had to order a seperate cylinder to fit that model motor, and they wouldn't sell it to me in kit form which is how I get my price break.

grimreaper
    THX Guyz.........why would a hydraulic system be considered a safety item? Dual cables I can understand.........I ask all of this since the wife does not find driving this boat very comfortable due to this situation.
    Where is the cable is this problem and why does it happen? I can understand this happening in salt but this boat has never seen any of that.

snappertapper
    there is always a chance of the cables breaking but with hydraulic if a hose breaks you can still stear i have been thrown out of boats due to both cables breaking going 80 mph its not fun

grimreaper
    BOTH cables breaking at the same time?.....DAMN....what are the chances of that? .....with luck like that - I would stay in bed for the rest of the week - JUST to be safe !

snappertapper
    belive me the thought crossed my mind after i got outta the hospital but alll it did was sharpen my reflexes never again will i own a cable i have worse luck with throttle and shifter cables breaking with that big omc back there it dosent like to sit very high and when the cable breaks in 6 foot wave your boat sinks fast very fast and cold too
    almost got hypothermia from that 1

snappertapper
    GO WITH HYDRAULIC JUST TO BE SAFE (NOW DO YOU SEE MY POINT ABOUT SAFTEY EQUIPMENT)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12