Thread: nozzle housing question...

centerhill condor
    greetings everybody... my dominator pump loses quite a bit of water between the nozzle housing and the nozzle more specifically on the horizontal. I've installed new bushings and a new teflon ring with little if any improvement. my question is how much water should slip between the "O" ring and the nozzle housing... and should I replace the nozzle housing or live with it.. or is there a repair protocol? the boat has 300 hours and is in good shape.

thanks,

IMPATIENT 1
    sounds like the pivot points on your bowl or droop are worn out. did you cut your divertor to go higher? i cut mine out and had to pay attention to that area of the nozzle so i didn't take to much off and blow out nozzle o-rings.might check that stuff out for starters.hope this helps ya alttle

Duane HTP
    Something you might want to check out. Dominator made two different nozzle housings, (and droops). An old and a new style. The old style is about .060" larger than the new style. If you have the old style nozzle housing, and the new style nozzle, it's never gonna seal up. Just something to check out.

centerhill condor
    thanks guys.. I'll get a pic for later today... the nozzle housing is unmodified... and it has new bushings in the vertical pins.

centerhill condor
    here's the pic from today's boat time... your help appreciated...

Rondane
    thanks guys.. I'll get a pic for later today... the nozzle housing is unmodified... and it has new bushings in the vertical pins.
    do you have a place diverter? looks it in the picture. If so i wonder if it was for a berkeley or a new style/old style(vice versa) dominator thus would be a wrong fit for your application. You should check to see if you can move the nozzle up and down in the housing. If so look for a housing that fits the diverter you have. Cheapest alternative

centerhill condor
    the pd is tight in the nozzle housing... I'm thinking Duane has the right idea or that the housing has worn out via hours of erosion corrosion at the high volume... nice avatar by the way..