Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 blade prop selection

palhal
    Sonny Glide-----Your gears will be 9 or 12s for sure. Try the prop as it is and see what the RPMs are on the hit. Depending on what kind of start you want, a standing start or a cruisin start or going around a bouy will tell you the dia you need. You want the RPMs up to get the HP up on hook up. If your hull is a true flat make sure your prop is a progressive pitch, not the true pitch runner type.----PALHAL

sangervdrive
    2 blades don't lift the transom as much as 3's, making the boats take a better set at higher speeds. the trade off, a little more vibration, and not as good out of the hole, however with the right 2 blade you have no problems getting her moving out of the water.
    Thanks, makes sense

sonny glide
    the Plate says 10 on the bottom ( stamped ) so I guess it had 10's when it was org. set up by Sanger....73' Bubble Deck
    the org owner had a bbc so he had taller gears, when I got the boat he threw in the 15's and a set of 22's & 29's....the 10's R long gone
    anyone willing to Dicker on a trade or trade + $$....:idea:
    I know I cant use these gears 22&29's and willing to swap out the prop too.
    the parts R like new, I just overhauled the box on the bench, so I got a chance 2C the gears, the prop is steel and polished, no dings 1in shaft
    someone help me get this setup right

bubbletop409
    I believe the 10 is refering to the v-drive angle, not the gear ratio. Casale does not offer 10% OD gears.

palhal
    Sonny Glide-----Keep your prop and give it a try. You can get it cut down after you see what the RPMs are on the hit.------PALHAL

sonny glide
    ur right it was my bad the plate says 1.09

sonny glide
    JIMTHETOOLMAN.
    2 1/2 bucks, $$price sounds good,
    I C the pic's , can U tell me the condition? has it been ck'd for cracks, how many runs? 1in shaft!
    I was reading some post about 98/Bruce and some Callies crank issue:argue: , these cats that jumped in the tread R ruthless:crossx: :sqeyes:
    I ask. cuz I gather from 98 / Bruce / and the thread there was some gray areas that should'a been cleared up....just asking, nothing more
    I just want 2come in from time to time read/learn/buy some stuff and have a great time, don't we all?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12