Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to convert from Olds to Chevy?

OUTLAW HALLETT
    i was just kinda kidding when i said through it all away. I actually sold all of my olds stuff , and it helped a lot with the cost of the change . It really isn't too bad doing the swap , I went a little overboard with some things but i do believe the rail kit is the best way to go , i just glassed over the old holes and then laid the rails over it all . the drive line will work for both if you run a pto, you will need a different pto but the drive lines bolt to them all the same . obviously you'll have to move some wiring around and stuff and the pipes are going to carry some good expense , I'm just trying to do one piece at a time . mainly because i can only sneak one or two big purchases a month past the (boat nazzi) my wife lol good luck and i would also like to say that tom @ jet boat performance has always been a big help for parts and knowledge , Ive never actually meet him but Ive probably spent a couple of hours on the phone with him, and he has always bent over backwards to help me, witch I'm sure you know is sometimes a rare thing in this industry any way good luck man and if i can help you with anything please feel free to ask

hkunz
    What are people getting for the Olds stuff? I have to yank mine again, blew something this AM, probably clamshelled a rod bearing.
    I'll be looking for Edelbrock heads, a new crank, some sort of high rise manifold.

kcsteck
    ok im lookin into rail kit from BDS ..need to see some pics first..
    anyone have a hardin or Guardian Chevy mount kit out there they not usin?like to explore that option as well?
    Got smokin deal on some headers today!!! almost brand new twistie Hooker headers with water lines no blue what so ever . Ran for a couple days is it.Look brand new! 75$$ deal of the year man..
    Casey

ironman44bear
    those are the only pics i have on this computer.

Thanks Outlaw !
    Casey you will need : mounts ,water in and water out hdwr, A pan with max depth of 7 3/4 in, possibly a drive line (depending on your current) (maybe just a PTO) and exaust, general swap parts cost is around $1250.00 to $1500.00 + or- Tom

CARLSON-JET
    The only thing I was able to use on my conversion was the Alt. and carb. keep posted and ask questions.

ap67et10
    heres my BDS rail kit. great product. thanks again Billy
    AP
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/DSC00015.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12