Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need jet-o-vater for jucuzzi pump...

Frosty_pop
    beached 1:
    No matter what you bolt on the back of a WJ (other than the stock steering nozzle of course) is bolting on a nozzle behind a nozzle. Two nozzles in line will slow you down. Here are some pics of what I did.
    The bowl is bored out just to the vanes. No further. Also left the groove in tact so the stock O ring seal can still be used.

Jack @ MPD said that you can bore it out a little further to better match the Place Diverter adapter, but I liked using the O ring seal. And I made this little stuffer out of billett alumn instead. This just pops inside the place adapter and makes a nice smooth transition to the new place nozzle.

But what do I know, I have a Berkley now. Woohoo! I think I'm still missing something here. Where did you bore the bowl? I don't see any differance.

beached 1
    Frosty_pop:
    beached 1:
    No matter what you bolt on the back of a WJ (other than the stock steering nozzle of course) is bolting on a nozzle behind a nozzle. Two nozzles in line will slow you down. Here are some pics of what I did.
    The bowl is bored out just to the vanes. No further. Also left the groove in tact so the stock O ring seal can still be used.

Jack @ MPD said that you can bore it out a little further to better match the Place Diverter adapter, but I liked using the O ring seal. And I made this little stuffer out of billett alumn instead. This just pops inside the place adapter and makes a nice smooth transition to the new place nozzle.

But what do I know, I have a Berkley now. Woohoo! I think I'm still missing something here. Where did you bore the bowl? I don't see any differance. Your pump isn't stock

rsr
    Beached 1 - Another question for you - do you have any contact info for MPD, I'd like to give them a call to see what the charge would be. I had my pump blueprinted about a year and a half ago at GS Marine and was told by Shoemaker that it was a bone stock 12wj, nothing more nothing less, so I'm afraid I'll be one of the unlucky ones that needs to have a little boring work done before I put on my place diverter. Damn - I was hoping for a simple bolt up installation!! I'm gonna check with GS to see what they would charge but want to have something to compare it to. Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12