Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little bit of Tahoe from the 4th....

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Wow.. we stayed in Timber Cove and it wasnt that bad. That is pretty insane. I have to say the firework werent too bad.. While floating in the middle of the Lake you could see a couple of different shows on the South Shore as well as the North.. Water is f*&((King cold, but I guess at 5000 ft it wasnt that bad. No worse than taking a swim in front of the Damn at Lake Mohave..

GlastronGuy
    That beach was packed.

GlastronGuy
    Hmmm...

SUPERCREWJOHN
    One other comment: There are several cool bars that are on the waterfront with plenty of mooring space and a shuttle to run you too and from you boats if you have to dock in deep water.. Better food and drink than Parker, and you didnt sweat to death in 120 degree heat.. Didnt see to much high quality eye candie on the beach, but there where a lot of young ladies trolling for company
    We stayed at the Best Western Timber Cove on the California side. Had a pretty nice beach and you could walk from your room to the water(75ft).It wasnt very crowded but the parking wasnt too hot

beached1
    Damn, it looks a little crowded but the water looks nice. I was wondering how the water conditions are out there in the Summer. I'll be out there for the last week in August and was hoping to bring my boat. I don't know what to expect. I've only been to Tahoe for ski trips and the lake doesn't look too friendly for a boat like mine in the dead of winter. We've rented a house on the lake with a boat house and a dock, but I don't know where exactly. Anyway, it sounds cool.

al cole'holic
    ...It was a pretty awesome trip, as packed as the beaches are the lake is too big to notice all the people. I swear it is bigger than Havasu and it has so many beaches and coves like the one in the pictures. The water was C O L D, but a real good time! At this time, I would have to say that I will not be bringing the Pig back there just because of the ride up. I hated it, took the 5 to Sac then some damn mountain freeway or some shit through the hills....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12