Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Tournament Boats

Up 4 River
    Coach,
    I do not have a family or children but ran into the same dilema as you when I first started looking at boats. Many of the tournament boats are really nice to ski behind, but you have to look at if it is practical. I have skiied behind Tige, American Skiier, Master Craft, MB Sport, and Ski Centerion in the tournament boat maket. They are all great, but if you use the boat at Havasu or Parker they are not going to be practical. If you want one of the bigger models that are pushing 22-23' tournament boats it may not be as rough driving but you will pay a bigger premium. I will not say on the board which is the best or what I liked skking behind best because everybody has their own preference. I did slalom skking behing these boats and was only skiing the course so I know from that.
    If your kids are into wakeboarding you will need to look at a boat with a tower and will want to consider an open bow as well. You will wan to look at a balace tank depending on how good your kids are. If you want a the motor in the center or the back of the boat. Do you want a bottom for skking that you can wakeboard behind also or a pure wakeboard boat that is OK to ski behind and a little rough? If you are interested on my personal opinionand experience on these PM and I'll let you know.
    I wound up originally with a 21' howard with a 12 degree semi-V and it pulled me out of the water fine and I could wakeboard and ski behind it no problem. I now have a 21' Hallett with a 19 degree V and the wake it bigger in the back. It is better for wakeboarding, but not skiing. I went with a V style boat becasue I am in Havasu and Parker for my weekend trips. I would have gotten to beat up in a 19' tournament boat. If you are into a family boat you may same some money not needed by going for a 350 instead of a 454 or 496 also. Just some things to consider.
    I will say that one of the better boats I skiied behind was a 21' sleekcraft tunnel hull with an outboard on the back. If you are fixed on an I/O the skkiing will be rougher, but the wakeboarding better. Anyway I hope this helps and if you want any of my opinions just PM me.

joel c
    Hi everyone this is Joel from Genesis. I was reading the post while I was waiting for my gelcoat to set-up. Coach, we still offer a custom v-drive setup if that is what your looking for.
    Thanks Steve, for the endorsment on the ski boat.
    If you want any info on the boats call or come on in. Remember if your shopping don't just go with what you've heard. This is a big investment and you should check out all your options before you make your final choice. Bottom line the boat handles like the other guys wakeboard boats the only difference is it looks bad-ass and gives you a bad-ass wake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12