Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone boat at Pickwick or on Tn River?

NashvilleBound
    I dont know exactly where these lakes and rivers you boat on are but I will be looking them up once I get out there. I hear the working on the boat drama! No thanks, been there, done that.

TN-Daytona30
    Nashville Bound:
    Welcome to TN when you arrive. A few friends boat on Tims Ford Lake near Tullahoma TN. That is about 1 1/2 hours south of Nashville, but a beautiful lake and nice people. I have a 30 Daytona with twin 800 horsepower N/A Donovans
    and a friend runs a 26 Daytona with a 1100 blown Donovan with a #6 drive. Come down and visit!!!
    Mike

NashvilleBound
    Thanks for the offer. Tims Ford, thats right off the 24 right? Maybe 25 minutes from M'Boro. I'm all good with that. when I get out there you'll have to tell me where to launch.
    Amazing my whole life I've been traveling 10-12 hours for good water. Now its only 30 minutes in each direction. And it makes the best water in Ca look like kah-rap. 2 weeks & 3 days...not that I'm counting or anything
    NB

TN-Daytona30
    Nashville-Bound:
    You are correct about location of Tims Ford Lake. Very nice lake, not too over populated and nice Marinas for gas, food,
    or whatever. Holiday Marina is where you will probably want to launch and I live just 5 minutes from there on the lake. I will give you a phone number where to reach me if you want some help or want some help learning the lake. It is deep just about everywhere, so you really won't have to worry about hitting anything. And the Water Police are pretty nice around here. I run no mufflers and dry headers (water to cool, but not thru the pipes...just around them and don't have any problems. One is a good friend of mine anyway.
    Looking forward to meeting you and hope the move goes well if that is possible. It is such a hassle.
    Take care
    Mike

NashvilleBound
    Easy move..sold all the furniture..paintings, plants..everything with the house. Gave all my old tools away...hook up the boat and a small Penske truck and were there! Can you say "Starting over?" ...something like that. Look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for the info too.
    Jeff

NashvilleBound
    Well we made it. Just need a nice day to play. Maybe this Saturday on Center Hill.

TN-Daytona30
    Nashville Bound:
    Welcome to the state of Tennessee!!!
    Hope the move went well and are ready to go boating. Geez ,that 3 weeks a 2 days (but who was counting anyway) went fast. Well, maybe not for you, but seemed like it.
    When you are ready to try out Tim's Ford, let me know and we will be willing to give you any help you need and will show you around the lake or what ever.
    Glad you made it!!!
    Mike mmiller@cafes.net

NashvilleBound
    Thanks, When I get a free day I'll give you a yell and we'll hook up. So far so good. I think we'll hit Center Hill tomorrow weather permitting.
    Jeff
    nashvillebound4@aol.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12