Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mechanic Help

JetBoater
    I know a guy out in Auga Dulce that kicks but on 2.4 and 2.5 stuff. I dont know if he would appreciate me posting his number on the web but if you send me a private message I will gladly put you in contact with him.. He just did our 260hp in 2 weeks time with a great price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyHippy
    John Marles??
    Agua Dulce cant be all that big, and I doubt there are 2 guys rebuilding 2.5's there.....
    Website (http://www.us1.cc/pages/1/index.htm)
    BJH

Squirtin Thunder
    OK here we go; In Sac. there is a guy by the name Jerry Herota@ Bucks outboards he is one of the best that I know.
    Jim

`70 TAHITI
    Buy the book and do it your self and save $$$$$$. The price of parts are enough to kill ya by them self, not to mention the $50+ an hour the "shop" charges !!!

ratso
    Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
    It was $7600 parts and labor for a rebuilt powerhead, new flywheel, new VRO pump,and to re- jet the carbs on an 85 E rude XP 150. After I got the initial estimate of $6500-$7000 for the re built powerhead, I called your shop and discribed my problem to the gentleman on the phone. He said that price wasn't out of line for the work I was having done, but that your shop would probably do it a bit differantly and might be able to save me a little money. At that point I would have preferred to go to Stoker, but my mechanic was willing to do the job and let me pay it off in several payments. The irony is my local shop took so long to get it done, that I had it paid off when I picked it up anyway.
    Good freakin' gawd...
    We do that exact same job for $3000, except for the flywheel...I'd have to check the price on that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123