Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Southern USA Event

Foggerjet
    I hate to bring this up now, but Lake Lanier is a nice place. Lot's of big $$$$$ boats, poker runners etc. First class accomodations, Fuel docks everywhere, water park. Just outside Atlanta. Bring your wallet and a deck of credit cards tho, this place aint cheap. Just a thought, my vote is Keowee!
    fog

mickeyfinn
    Lanier is where I boat. I started to suggest it from the beginning but it was so close to me I didn't want suggest it. I am guessing that a few of the folks (me for example ) are freeboard challenged and unless you go to the extreme north end of the lake it is not conducive to to low profile boats. Once you get to the top end of the lakes the only option is camping, no rooms on the water for those who don't like to camp.

Liquid Invader
    Looks like this idea is not going very good. Another get together sounds good.
    I do hope somebody will pick a lake that is not so busy and has a beach or something. Standing in the water all day holding a boat isn't all that fun.
    Is there any place on Lake Anna that has a beach or grassy spot that we could get out of the water? Even if we had to tow a little ways to a ramp or something. Don't get me wrong. I had a very good time but am just looking to maybe make it a little better.
    Later 383

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    How about Kerr Lake. That seems to be between GA, VA, etc.
    It's a nice lake, and has some beaches and also some hotels, some campgrounds.
    I'd say around middle to the end of August.
    Just a thought:idea:

mickeyfinn
    I like the lake Keowee idea. It is more south and may attract some folks that haven't been able to get as far north as Anna. Maybe get some folks from ga, sc,nc and tennessee and maybe some from VA but might prove to be a little far for them.

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by Liquid Invader
    Looks like this idea is not going very good. Another get together sounds good.
    I do hope somebody will pick a lake that is not so busy and has a beach or something. Standing in the water all day holding a boat isn't all that fun.
    Is there any place on Lake Anna that has a beach or grassy spot that we could get out of the water? Even if we had to tow a little ways to a ramp or something. Don't get me wrong. I had a very good time but am just looking to maybe make it a little better.
    Later 383
    LI
    I got your PM I will be responding soon. Sorry I am out of town.

shirkey4750
    A lot of people travel from four to six hours or even more to attend the VA, MA, PA, events. The southern site should be at a central location so it can attract a more diverse attendence. It seems that somplace in the NC,SC border area would the most central location. I agree with Liquod, that a beaching area would be nice. Also should have hotels, camping, resturants, and fuel provisions.

promod
    dam lik did that jet boat take flight, nice air shots
    later dude
    promod

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by promod
    dam lik did that jet boat take flight, nice air shots
    later dude
    promod
    Yeah but I blew the motor doind it LOL
    See Ya Tommorow G. Kim Has to work But D-man And myself will be there.

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by shirkey4750
    A lot of people travel from four to six hours or even more to attend the VA, MA, PA, events. The southern site should be at a central location so it can attract a more diverse attendence. It seems that somplace in the NC,SC border area would the most central location. I agree with Liquod, that a beaching area would be nice. Also should have hotels, camping, resturants, and fuel provisions.
    Kerr has all of that and is convenient to I-85 and for people or kids that wish for some reason not to ride in boats can access the beach via a road (see pics)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234