Thread: Boating from Laugh to Havasu

napster
    How far can I go from laughlin down the river on my boat? Does it go to Havasu? If so, how long does it take?
    Thanks.

Scream
    What size boat? What's the draft or depth in the water? How much money you got?...j/k
    Water levels between Laughlin and Needles changes often and rapidly. In this area of the river anything other than a jet is problematic. My last venture from Needles North cost me about a Grand, and I got off cheap. If you've got a larger boat, I/O, then you'll need to monitor the river level before making any trip in that area.
    Below Needles the water is plenty deep enough and you can make it all the way to Havasu w/o any problems. Below the Sand Bar is Speed Alley, keep the speed up and on plane and you'll be all right. There is a shallow area just at the mouth of the river to the lake, DON'T SLOW DOWN or you're screwed and you'll be walkin it in. Just sand, but I'd rather go fast than walk any day.
    Have fun and be carefull in that danger zone.
    Scream <--- been there, broke that

RiverLife
    I think you have a Sea Doo jet, if I remember correctly? In that, you shouldn't have a problem. Make sure you check the water level (www.coloradoriverinfo.com), but mainly just realize how far it is! I don't remember the exact miles, but we did it a couple times when the water was higher than normal and cruising at 45 or so it took about an hour. Avi is on the way if you need gas ( before Needles heading toward Havasu), as is Topock (just past Needles).
    Other than that it's a fun ride. When you come to a shallow part stay to the AZ side (but watch for oncoming boats )
    You should be just fine!
    Jason

dicudmore
    Scream <--- been there, broke that
    That sucks....
    Napster, should be fine in your Sea Doo boat as far as water level etc...
    Have a great ride

rivercrazy
    I run that section of river all the time with my 25' deep V outdrive boat. I've never hit anything so far. But I know the river there pretty well.
    Good river flows are are anything north of about 13,500 - 14,000 cubic feet per second. Usually the water comes up around noon and peaks in the late afternoon. Generally speaking the AZ side of the river has less sand/rockbars. But there are a few on the AZ side.
    This site predicts flows: www.coloradoriverinfo.com

nodigg
    1999 24' Cheetah FastCat, Bravo one, multiple trips up river from Havasu, so far no problems but I watch the water before taking off/letting off.
    Oh sure, someday I WILL have to replace that labbed 32 after a bad judgment call but not so far................. Just don't drag your stern and keep your eyes open for the brown water then you'll probably be fine. Not sure I would want to go on a weekday though when the water may be lower...

napster
    Thanks for your replies. The Seadoo jet boat should do ok then. It's one of those things that I need to try and do. Hopefully, no crazy jet skiers getting too near me. Last month, I saw one guys actually bump (no damage) a boat while doing a 360. Maybe he knew the guy but still dangerous.

KineticoH20
    Ihad a twin engine Yamaha jet boat and never had a problem from Laughlin 50mph all the way,it does get shallow though,i would'nt take my out-drive there! it is a long haul though.

nodigg
    Originally posted by napster
    How far can I go from laughlin down the river on my boat? Does it go to Havasu? If so, how long does it take?
    Thanks.
    join us for this one too!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...hreadid=52908e