Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any tips on removing my Pump

Bein' just a simple ole Texas country boy I get confused real easy. Maybe someone could 'splain my this "Spam" word. I thought "spam" was unsolicited information or promotional advertising. When a buisness man answers a question on these boards and mentions that he has the parts and experience if they are needed to help out, I don't consider that "spam". Am I wrong here?
    spam Audio pronunciation of "spam" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spm)
    n.
    Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.
    tr.v. spammed, spamĀ·ming, spams
    1. To send unsolicited e-mail to.
    2. To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.
    Yes, by definition, however I think it's becoming a generic catchall term with regards to message boards in particular.
    Personally I don't think it's spamming (by any definition) if someone that is NOT affilliated with the business, goes on a board and relates a positive experience with a service rendered, or part purchased. After all.............in most cases that individual has nothing to gain by doing so.
    Most of the so called spamming (at least in the way it's referred to on this board) is not done by the business owner, but rather by people that had work done by, or purchased parts from that business.

GlastronGuy
    spam? I took as giving someone some info, as many have done in the past on this board and others. Spamming to me is when people, not necessarily the owner comes on and posts to go to this guy or that guy, call these numbers....blah blah blah...crap gets old when it's in your face constantly.
    After a couple of hour long conversations with Tim on the phone, there's no doubt in my mind that he knows what he's doing. Not only with pumps but with engines and I wouldn't hesitate at all to bring my boat to him, if he were closer anyways. His biggest fault, in some people's mind, is he'll tell you the way it is and not what you want to hear.
    Someone that's been doing this stuff as long as he has must know quite a bit.
    I see it as spammimg.
    Also, if you are going to take the time to denigrate someone and are proven to be wrong, then you need to take the time to apologize.
    If I was too harsh, I apologize. But I stand by my original statement.
    Now, can we stop hijacking this thread?

Cas
    Now, can we stop hijacking this thread?

Almost.....if you see this, we'll probably be coming to Truckee to visit with you 2 at some point this weekend.

GlastronGuy
    Almost.....if you see this, we'll probably be coming to Truckee to visit with you 2 at some point this weekend.
    I just got here.

cave
    Where are the Air Marshals when you need them. If some gives me good advise here and happens to own a business then lets me know that they also have a business related to question. Is it spam or advice with a key note informing me that if I run into some trouble that they could help for a fee. I could care less. Most of you peps have given me great advice and if you own a business that is related to the question let me know. Maybe a hugh discount for being a fellow Jet/V-drive/ OB-wackah/ on this board type deal
    I wrote Hot Boat the Mag once and asked why they didnt do more stuff on jets and they directed me to this forum. There mistake I now read this and canceled my HB mag. I like that I can get advice from those who know whats up. Also if someone in our group of jets has had a bad experience with a particular company i.e. (shop) we can all be informed.
    Opps soap box fell over.
    Wish I had a lap top so I could take it to the sh!tter. Hot spots are cool.
    CARLSON-JET How about some pictures of the tools you made????
    Group hug :chi:

cave
    I'm glad I took the pump out. I wish I had problems taking the impeller off but it was way to easy. I'll attch these photos to save bandwidth.
    On the pump housing 1 & 2 how can I get the insulater material out. Can I heat it with a torch to get it out?

TIMINATOR
    Call me and I'll explain the several easy ways that I know work best. Hint: heating isn't any of them. Maybe its best not to share the years of experience I have with local non-customers, some of them don't seem to appreciate it anyway. If anyone needs help call or pm me. CAVE, call me. To my supporters, thank you! To the others, maybe a different kind of supporter comes to mind........ TIMINATOR :argue:

cave
    I apreciate all the help I get from people on this web site! I have alomost all the pump apart. How freaking simple it is amazes me. I just have to remove what is left of the thrust bearing from the shaft and the two sleeve bearings from the bowl.
    I know there are alot of guest & newbies that have the same question as I do. If someone can learn from my post or misfortune then this hasnt been a wast of time on this PC. Maybe I'll meet up them on one of our many lakes (resiviors). I see there are alot of peps from Mesa, AZ here. Hopefully when I get this thing working again I'll actually met most of them.
    Duane HTP Thanks for the advice on removing the transome adapter. If there would have been an easier way to remove the pump I would have missed all the leaks that were around that part!!!

Maybe its best not to share the years of experience I have with local non-customers, some of them don't seem to appreciate it anyway. If anyone needs help call or pm me. CAVE, call me. To my supporters, thank you! To the others, maybe a different kind of supporter comes to mind........ TIMINATOR :argue:
    I get it.................Like an athletic supporter eh?
    That's a good one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234