Thread: Zoomies vs Bassett Headers

blown27
    General question from a newbie:
    Is the difference noise, performance, or both? Most of the boats that I have been looking at to buy seem to have Bassett headers. Just curious since I have been coming across several posts asking if certain lakes allow zoomies. I live in CA and will run the boat mainly in CA and NV. Don't want to get a boat that I can only run at one or two lakes.
    Thanks

LakesOnly
    Well then, Buddy, I suggest you get headers if you want to increase your chances of getting onto a lake in CA without too much trouble.
    This is especially true in 2005 when the new noise ordinances start getting enforced at a level that even OT headers won't pass.
    LO

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    zoomies might give you a little more power...but you probably wouldn't see it on a N/A motor. I've actually heard you might lose a little power cause of the lose of back pressure.
    As for lakes in CA. good luck on weekends anywhere. at don pedro over the july 4th, the sheriff told my brother that if he heard his boat even fire up one more time he would kick him out and pull his permit. All he did was launch his hydro and pull it to the houseboat maybe a 1/4 mile away. :boxingguy
    he has a BBC with bassett headers & mufflers!
    I have heard that modesto resivoir will let you run almost anything...
    good luck

repo man
    zoomies are for supercharged motors headers are for n/a motors. blower motors don't need the scavenging efect of headers.