Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Stealth, New Features??

Stealth Marine
    Ski lockers that are large enough for a wakeboard to fit into. Many other manufacturers advertise this but don't have one that will fit a wakeboard.
    This has been a real issue for several people this year.
    But its a BEAR to solve.
    The problem is that you want to build your floor height as low as possible to maximise internal volume on the boat.
    This of course minimizes the available cavity space beneath the floor for a bigger locker.
    Not being a wakeboarder, is there a good standard/average size for them, or do they vary quite a bit??

Stealth Marine
    Yes, the trash has to be accessible. Another feature on our boat the we really enjoy is reverse-facing seats. When parked we use these seats the most. They are usually better shaded under the bimini and better for people watching, cocktails, lunch or whatever.
    That would be a real challenge in my hull.
    But...
    Would you be willing to sacrifice the forward passenger seat and replace it with a wrap-around bench along that side of the boat??

rodnjen
    Not really, we looked at a seating configuration like that, and my wife felt "disconnected" from what was going on. I realize rev. seats aren't as popular as they once were, but if you do any water sports at all, I think they are a nececity. I guess the answer is you by a different kind of boat.
    This is what we went with for overall utility, styling and performance.

Stealth Marine
    Not really, we looked at a seating configuration like that, and my wife felt "disconnected" from what was going on. I realize rev. seats aren't as popular as they once were, but if you do any water sports at all, I think they are a nececity. I guess the answer is you by a different kind of boat.
    This is what we went with for overall utility, styling and performance.
    Your wife is RIGHT on the mark.
    I don't think there is enough room in my hull to allow us to make a proper rear facing seat, and the wrap-around design most certainly doesn't offer you that "Well Attached" feeling at speed that a proper bucket seat does.

nodigg
    Can you point me to what you would consider a Good Example of one of these that you like??
    first one that comes to mind is the new HTM deckboat. bunch of them out there though. Great for the channel sittin'

My 2004 Ultra 24 Stealth has almost everything you guys mentioned.
    Rear facing seats, twin floor ski lockers that fit my boards, plenty of recessed (and LED lit) cup holders, twin billet swim steps, and dual quick release bimini mounts so you can shade the front seats or the back seats and bench. No integrated garbage recepticle or built in air, but i have a 12 volt outlet for a air pump I use.
    Not trying to hijack the thread for Ultra, just saying all of these options are great additions to a new boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...th_10small.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
    Not being a wakeboarder, is there a good standard/average size for them, or do they vary quite a bit??
    My biggest wakeboard is 4.5' long 1.5' wide and a little over 1' tall..if that helps you any...

hot_diggity_dog
    The small air comrpessor would be Very Easy to do.
    The Quick disconect Bimini Connectors are great, most people just don't want to shell out the money to get the high end components for the bimini. 4 pole Stainless with Quick Disconect IS the way to go, but the cost scares most people away. Have to go hunting for a cost solution....
    Bull shit :hammer2: If your going to do do it right! :wink: Stainless cost no matter how you slice it. :coffeycup
    If they can spend that kind of money on the boat, they can afford the connectors.
    HDD

hot_diggity_dog
    This has been a real issue for several people this year.
    But its a BEAR to solve.
    The problem is that you want to build your floor height as low as possible to maximise internal volume on the boat.
    This of course minimizes the available cavity space beneath the floor for a bigger locker.
    Billet board rack mounted in the bow on the side of the boat
    HDD

MOBrien
    I love the idea of a built in trash receptacle that you could put a kitchen bag liner in. If there's a built in cooler, trash bin should be close to it for the empties...instead of tossing them back into the cooler or having a glad bag flappin in the wind.
    Also, gotta go with the small compressor trend here. Simple, fairly inexpensive addition that brings tons of value and user friendliness to the boat and would require minimal space.
    A small drop-down table...maybe from the side panel somewhere would be cool for making sando's, cuttin limes, or just setting food/snack trays on when you're chillin.
    Lastly, offer it with a flush mounted I-Pod. That'd be sweet!
    That's my $.02
    -MOB

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast