Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this possible ?????

Hallett19
    ok, I will try it, hope it works. (I don't want to have to pull the damn motor!!)Shit, talk about shooting yourself in the foot.Does anyone have a big pan for this thing ?

77charger
    i have a 14 qt in my bbf do not know what kind but the pick up is in the front no oil starvation even with tht hv pump.

Hallet19, not only its possible to pump the pan dry its the first thing I'd look at for an oil pressure problem. The smallest pan I would run would be a 10 qt. for any boat use. Dooley makes a nice 10 qt. pan for BBF/jetboat, it should include a rear p/u and a windage tray. A very good investment.

MellowYelloW
    hey h19....My yellow jet does the same thing...drops at high rpms...i have a milodon 10qt pan..windage trays..hv pump..a engine builder told me that in his race boat he runs penzoil 25-50 oil..he said that the oil is airiating at high rpm...and that the 25-50 will not break down like that...so thats what i am gonna try.
    good luck..
    did you get my e-mail?

Brendella
    BEN ALEMEDA KNOWS HIS STUFF HE HAS BEEN IN TRUCKING MAG AND SOME HOT ROD ARTLCES FOR DOING SOME AMAZING TRICKS TO HEADS. HE SPECIALIZES IN FORDS. HE IS VERY TALENTED PERSON AND I WILL HAVE MY HEADS DONE BY HIM AS SOON AS I CAN AFFORD IT. BOTTUM WORD IS WHEN HE SPEAKS YOU SHOULD LISTEN.
    I HAVEN'T HAD WORK DONE BY HIM YET BUT THAT GUY ANSWERED THREE HOURS OF ??? AND HE TOLD ME THAT IF THE PROBLEM THAT I HAD WITH ANOTHER ENGINE BUILDER HAD HAPPEN TO HIM, HE WOULD HAVE FIX THE PROBLEM BECAUSE HIS REP IS MORE IMPORTANT.SOME OF YOU FROM THE CASTAIC CREW MIGHT REMEMBER.
    GO TO HIS SHOP AT NIGHT SINCE HE ONLY WORKS AT NIGHT AND CHECK OUT THE ENGINES HE HAS LINED UP.
    I DID'NT WANT TO LEAVE,BUT HAD TO SINCE I WAS DROOLING ALL OVER THE ENGINES HE HAD THERE.

Hallett19
    yeah, I am over at Bennies about once a week, he has some AMAZING motors there, and he is a good guy, he picked all the parts for my boat, told me what cam to run and put my heads together with double valve springs and did most of the assembly. But I came to a conclusion here, I am going to go to the lake, warm up my motor, run it for a bit, drop in an extra quart of oil and hit it hard, right near the dock, if it does not hold PSI at 4500 rpm's, which is about where the fun ends, a new pan it is, but if it keeps droping PSI, I probably have another problem,wouldnt you think ?. My next question is, anybody want to put some money on this that it WILL fix the problem ? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Hallett19
    ok, hold on, I got confused, if it holds RPM's, I am going to get a new pan, because it has extra oil and having a bigger pan should work, but if it DOES NOT hold PSI, it is probably another problem, but I think it will fix it !!

Hallett19
    ok, did I lose everybody on this ?? so forget what I said, if I put this extra oil in there and it holds PSI at high rpms, that means it is loosing oil at high R's... right ? so that means a new oil pan will fix it no problem, right ?? SOMEONE ANSWER ME !!! (echo)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12